Found an Old Anderson Board

Planktom

Dec 27, 2016
Devon, UK
Rails, foil and bottom shape may lend themselves to a 2+1 set up, but I would imagine that they would likely be different to what Scott would shape into a straight single...

I'm sure the Aquatech crew and Scott will know best... What do I know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nov 8, 2020
Mb
we shall see how she blows!

they had a template already on hand when I spoke with exact measurements so I assume it’s been done before. The “sweet” spot has been noted.

thanks plank :)

Rails, foil and bottom shape may lend themselves to a 2+1 set up, but I would imagine that they would likely be different to what Scott would shape into a straight single...

I'm sure the Aquatech crew and Scott will know best... What do I know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

dr flavors

Jul 21, 2019
ca
had a 7-4 fader 10+ years ago. that very well may be my old board.

always rode it as tri with 3 equal sized thruster fins. easy to surf and super versatile. should still be great all arounder.

i wouldnt f with the set up, esp to suit "your style" whatever that means. at your level, best to see what you can learn from it as is.

BrazilButtNut

Sep 26, 2018
Ventura, CA
in that board i'd either go tri fin thruster or twin plus trailer. You can try both and see what you like more. The twin trailer would loosen it up a bit but I think that board was shaped to be a tri fin. If you have both fin sets, just bring them to the beach and try both in the same session. That's the best way to know for sure what works best for you!

frozen-bolt

Sep 25, 2007
Sheboygan, WI
I’d keep the thruster setup, and if I wanted to experiment I’d ride it as a twin plus trailer. I really like the way a twin plus trailer rides.
I had a 7'ish fish/thruster concoction a while back that wasn't working really well as a tri and that's what I did to it to make it come alive: took all three equally sized thruster fins out and popped in a set of larger twins on the outside with a small trailer. Made more of a difference that I thought it would. Alas, it was during my 'only own one board' phase and I had to sell it to move on to the next one. Wish I had it back, now, as I've gotten over that 'one board' thing, too. :)

frozen-bolt

Sep 25, 2007
Sheboygan, WI
I've ridden it as a thruster and it's just not to my liking. Ive had a conversation going with several of the guys at Anderson who know my surfing style and they have a template for this and have done it to a few of their boards. Until the stoker this was their bread and butter.

I definitely appreciate all the feedback and I don't think I'll be selling this board anytime soon as after riding several of my friends and finding one I really love the way this board rides. IT's definitely one of my all time favorites.

With that being said I hope I see some of you guys out there.

Happy surfing!

So there ya go! At least you can say you've made an informed decision, based on how much input you've gotten, both from this board, and the great people at Anderson.

If they've done it before, then they should do right by you when the do it again.

Btw, one of my longboards is an Anderson model and it's on the top of the list for go-to when I want to log it. ;)

CYITW,
'Bolt

Nov 8, 2020
Mb
So there ya go! At least you can say you've made an informed decision, based on how much input you've gotten, both from this board, and the great people at Anderson.

If they've done it before, then they should do right by you when the do it again.

Btw, one of my longboards is an Anderson model and it's on the top of the list for go-to when I want to log it. ;)

CYITW,
'Bolt

Yah I really appreciate all the feedback from you guys it's been super helpful. Everyone at Anderson/Aquatech has been great too. I pickup the board tomorrow and will give it a whirl and let you guys know how it feels. For me as an intermediate surfer a lot of people have said to keep that board and that It'll be a good all around board for my quiver. I'm not really worried about reselling the board as I got it for next to nothing. I'd hate to see a good board go to waste!

Cheers guys and happy surfing boards!

P.s. if any of ya'll have any side bites or under 8" fins you'd like to trade up I have a few in the F/S or else someone can pick them up if needed I'm gonna be paying it forward for all the help I've gotten.

Nov 8, 2020
Mb
had a 7-4 fader 10+ years ago. that very well may be my old board.

always rode it as tri with 3 equal sized thruster fins. easy to surf and super versatile. should still be great all arounder.

i wouldnt f with the set up, esp to suit "your style" whatever that means. at your level, best to see what you can learn from it as is.
The fin boxes were pretty thrashed and needed to be replaced so with all the input I decided to just go ahead with the new setup. I can set it up as a thruster again I believe with the right fins?

Planktom

Dec 27, 2016
Devon, UK
Yes, you can - just pop a smaller center fin and a couple of 4in or so sides and you're back to thruster again