For Sale: Hand-made Volan Flex Fins

Bryce

Nov 6, 2017
_
100% Handmade and hand foiled the best materials available- American Volan fiberglass. Built and constructed with Larry Allison at his workshop in California. Both fins are brand new and never used.

This template is the result of about a decade of development and refinement, evolving from over 30 different versions of the fin template and foil pattern. Bottomline, this fin works. Several members on this forum can attest to how great these fins ride. I like to ride the 8" on boards below 8ft long and the 8.5" on boards over 8ft. But if you have a board with an extra wide tail, the 8'5" may be a better option. The fins provide a lot of drive and are very responsive, giving that exciting feel of projection out of turns. The wider base allows you push as hard as you can into turns without washing out. Satisfaction guaranteed.
IMG_0503.jpeg

IMG_0504.jpeg

2nd image shows the 8" fin sitting on the 8.5" fin

Last edited:

kclibman

May 23, 2018
L.A. County
Just wanted to give Bryce a big thanks on here - ordered a 9" GL Wide with a request for fabric inlay and this couldn't have come out better. Can't wait to get it in my boards. Fit, finish and flex are all exactly what I was looking for, and turnaround was whip-quick too.

Attachments

• IMG_1484.JPG
    IMG_1484.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 162

Bryce

Nov 6, 2017
_
6.5” Flex Bonzer fin. Take your bonzer to the next level. This fin adds drive and a more responsive feel, bringing more life to your bonzer and subtracts weight from the tail, since it is noticeably lighter than the stock bonzer fins. Very durable compared to the bamboo alternatives too. available message for purchase.

8.75” Downing fin. This fin is a modern volan recreation. After years of refinement, this is a SUPER fin. Try it out instead of a Skip Frye, Liddle, or similar to get a lot of drive and hold through turns, but a nice snap out of turns. So fast and carves awesome. One of my personal favorite fins. Available, message to purchase.

100% hand made with Larry Allison, 40 layers of the highest quality Volan available, hand foiled to the perfect flex. Most fins aren’t made in the USA any more, these are top-of-the-line fins for those that want quality and longevity out of their fins. I try to get a dryer saturation out of the fin, meaning less resin overall, but the result is a little “whiter” color and less weight and more spring and snap from the flex. It’s the best result for flex fins. They will last longer and the fiberglass layers are better bonded to each other.

I stand by these fins so much that if you aren’t fully satisfied I will swap it out for a different template for you. Jammers can attest. Thank you!

83392D08-8704-4FE3-A894-110F792ABAC0.jpeg

A8CF90F2-0A54-4A28-85B7-1A1B28E40ED0.jpeg

E13B7D21-E1E4-4289-9C51-7240A62A2316.jpeg

E047418F-D321-41B1-BD09-212C522BDEF2.jpeg

Last edited: