Flying Diamonds fins

Gulfzer5

Nov 2, 2020
Louisiana
I have a 10" Parallax fin in my 9'6" Parallax that I really like. I started with a 10" 4A in that board to start and wasn't a fan. Seems decently made so far.
I've got a 9'3" Parallax coming in soon and want a Parallax fin to contrast the 9" Revival fin I already have. Size wise, do you feel the 10" is a good fit or do you feel you could have gone 9.5"?

ugoinright?

Sep 13, 2020
The OC Bubble
I've got a 9'3" Parallax coming in soon and want a Parallax fin to contrast the 9" Revival fin I already have. Size wise, do you feel the 10" is a good fit or do you feel you could have gone 9.5"?
I don't remember which video. CJ recommends fin sizing based on how hard somebody surfs. He surfs pretty hard so he likes bigger fins.

kpd73

May 8, 2013
USA Rhode Island

What do you have that 9" Revival fin in and how do you like it?
Pretty sure I'm getting ghosted on my custom fin and just going to move on.

Thanks.

Gulfzer5

Nov 2, 2020
Louisiana
What do you have that 9" Revival fin in and how do you like it?
Pretty sure I'm getting ghosted on my custom fin and just going to move on.

Thanks.
I originally got it for an 8'9" Colapintail I had on order but then found out it wasn't available. I changed my order to the Parallax since. It's all a long story but anyway, I haven't used the fin yet. I will try it out on the Parallax and see how it goes for me. I'll post a review on the board and the fins after a good session. I'm planing on getting the Parallax fin and wanted 9.5 but out of stock that's why I was curious to know how he liked the 10.

kpd73

May 8, 2013
USA Rhode Island
I originally got it for an 8'9" Colapintail I had on order but then found out it wasn't available. I changed my order to the Parallax since. It's all a long story but anyway, I haven't used the fin yet. I will try it out on the Parallax and see how it goes for me. I'll post a review on the board and the fins after a good session. I'm planing on getting the Parallax fin and wanted 9.5 but out of stock that's why I was curious to know how he liked the 10.

Hmmmm...light dibs on that 9.0 Revival if it doesn't suit and you don't mind. My buddy has a Parallax board and fin and really digs the combo.

Ricksurfin

Jun 9, 2019
San Clemente, CA
I had a 9’3” Parallax that I rode with a 9.5” Parallax fin and loved it, but I also switched off with a 9. 75” Greenough 4A Volan. The board was looser with the Parallax fin, but had more drive with the Greenough. I liked it better on my frontside with the Parallax, but better on my backside with the Greenough. The Revival looks like it has too much area to me and would stiffen the board up too much, but you’ll never know until you try it.

Gulfzer5

Nov 2, 2020
Louisiana
I agree with you on the Revival fin. That's what I thought when it came in but, I think it will be good for trimming fast near the nose when the waves are breaking fast and down the line. I shall see.

zilamonster

Oct 27, 2020
Santa Monica
The 10” feels perfect to me with my 9’6”. Sometimes it feels a bit squirrelly backside on bigger waves, but that could also just be my backside surfing.

I called Flying Diamond to see what size they recommended and for the 9’6” before I bought it and he said he wouldn’t do smaller than the 10” for the tail width.

Justino

Nov 15, 2016
Would love to get my hands on a 9.5" Involvement if anyone has one, they are sold out.