((FlipVille))

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by BrazilButtNut, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Cbowbo

Cbowbo New Member

Nov 18, 2016
    South Jersey
    Just had the same thing happen. Was going to look at the Weber board recently listed in the "East Coast Craigslist" thread only to be told it sold and here it is now on local shop's ebay page for 3 times the sale price and it's only been 3-4 days since sale. (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dewey-Weber-vintage-surfboard-60s-classic-pig-shape-custom-surf-surfing)

Also, had it happened a couple years ago when I was about an hour into a 1.5 hour drive to pick up a board, as seller and I had reached an agreed price and pickup time. Seller called to say he had a better offer from someone in Fl., meanwhile the board was in N. Jersey. Saw the board about a month later for sale on a shops website in Fl.

I'm all for fair markets but also believe in Karma.

Weber.jpg

BrazilButtNut and kclibman like this.
  2. Makawaosurfer93

Makawaosurfer93 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2007
    USA New Jersey
    Had this happen on here with another member. I have shared the story before, so suffice to say the guys a POS in my book.

3. HerbB

HerbB Active Member

Nov 10, 2018
    Pennsylvania
  4. mitch44

mitch44 Active Member

Sep 3, 2018
    California
  5. HerbB

HerbB Active Member

Nov 10, 2018
    Pennsylvania
    ebay and cl are thinking about relocating their headquarters there. True story...

BrazilButtNut likes this.
  6. crnickazy

crnickazy New Member

May 27, 2018
    San Diego
    I'm pretty sure this ad has been up on CL for several months, reposted every few weeks. Are you sure you're looking at the right board? This guy from OC has been listing surftech longboards for sale for outrageous prices for years now-and they don't move- so I think I've seen this Prince Kuhio up for a while....

ElBrooklyn likes this.
  7. pefa

pefa Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2008
    Bi
    some peeps have been known to price prohibit to keep the other half happy but make sure no takers on the board
    yeah yeah, sure honey, its for sale, im trying my best, just no takers......

Tenfooter likes this.
  8. ElBrooklyn

ElBrooklyn Active Member

Oct 17, 2014
    NYC-EH-MTK and LBC
    This is that DOMINATE THE LINEUP asshole who is always trying to sell old Surftechs for three times (or more) what they're worth. He likes to put his red Munoz next to a red Ferrari in CL pix.

Where you at, Komaia? I'm always on the lookout for a Kuhio, too. Stupidly turned down a few chances to buy a couple several years back. If I come across one I can't pull the trigger on, I'll give you a heads up.

BrazilButtNut likes this.
  9. Komaiaboyz

Komaiaboyz Active Member

Apr 27, 2008
    Yes i know of the guy's surftechs. He has had the blue double ender up forever. The Kuhio went up the day after he bought it for $700. CL alerts are your friend. I am in OC.

10. walkingtheplank

walkingtheplank Active Member

Aug 2, 2004
    wherever i am
    looks like it's back on eBay again:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-BEAUT...h=item260c9df15f:g:FC8AAOSwUxlb5mRj:rk:1:pf:0