((FlipVille))

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by BrazilButtNut, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Left Coast 46

Left Coast 46 Active Member

Apr 30, 2015
    So Cal
  2. HerbB

HerbB Active Member

Nov 10, 2018
    Pennsylvania
    Squeak, click, click, squeak, click, squeak?

Translation: you got a problem with flippers?

57D3842A-AA6E-414C-8EE3-06FA25A130FA.jpeg

BrazilButtNut likes this.
  3. dingdong

dingdong Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    USA California
    can't blame anyone for trying to make a buck, but if a guy gave you some sob story to buy your board for cheap or BS about how the board's for their son or kid, then turns around and tries to sell it for a grip more, I think you have cause to gripe

4. pefa

pefa Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2008
    Bi
    Yeah, it’s not the flippers but the fuckers that are the problem....
    And they take on all shapes and sizes in absolutely every realm

BrazilButtNut and michael like this.
  5. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Had this happen more than once. And with people I knew. I always felt worked. I'll always sell a used board for a more than fair price because (as was pointed out above) I want it gone fast with the least amount of hassle. Many is the time it resold for more pretty damn quick. In fact, with sales on this BB. Hell, I guess I really don't care anyway.

kclibman and BrazilButtNut like this.
  6. BrazilButtNut

BrazilButtNut Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Ventura, CA
    Yeah, I think this is my main problem. It's the feeling you're left with when it happens to you. I've sold a few boards for good deals, hoping to pass the buck/stoke along only to see it posted the very next day for +$300. I think it's just the shamelessness that gets me. If you do it right, you're buying boards for good deals, surfing them, learning more about the boards and and then passing them on at a fair market value.

Feeling 'worked' is a pretty good way of putting it.

ElBrooklyn, ac95 and kclibman like this.
  7. zippy

zippy Active Member

Mar 24, 2008
    USA New Jersey
    Bought a couple boards from members on this forum for what I would call a steal. Still have the Tyler noserider that was sold to me in near mint condition for half of what I think it’s worth. And sold the Phillips SWT that was given to me for the same price it was purchased. One of the coolest aspects of this forum to me is the “sharing of the stoke” but, to each his own. I am fortunate to have had the opportunity to ride these functional works of art. Maybe raising the price is good for the shapers?! It’s always nice to be able to feel like someone just wants to share the stoke and not worry about the bling. And Karma is real!

8. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    USA California
    AMEN
    Thats pretty much covers it.

DJR likes this.
  9. Komaiaboyz

Komaiaboyz Active Member

Apr 27, 2008
    dingdong and BrazilButtNut like this.
  10. BrazilButtNut

BrazilButtNut Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Ventura, CA
    THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT :mad: Especially in so cal, way too prevalent. Hope you end up getting a good one!