Flashback 1969 Handcrafted Fin -R U Experienced?

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Artisan Fin Co-Op, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Artisan Fin Co-Op

Artisan Fin Co-Op Active Member

BAD6B3DC-4052-44A5-80DE-A3590D936CCD.jpeg 9C02800B-3A8D-4339-B89A-68B6CD3E3633.jpeg A547A6CC-FDB5-4D31-9993-8A4F38585E45.jpeg A547A6CC-FDB5-4D31-9993-8A4F38585E45.jpeg High aspect to ratio tuna tail fin
    Volan core overlaid with 4 oz to give a lively feel along with confidence
    When you lay into a turn this baby will load up and slingshot you into another realm
    Approx 9.by 6”as perscribed by our forefathers. New age foil out and hand rubbed to illustrate every layer . Shes not just pretty but a fully functional piece of usa le art
    One of one as i never repeat a design- MP used a fin like this in the timelesss
    The Cutback photo- only MP could do that turn or could you?
    Slight flex to last 2” of tip to allow it to follow your turns without cavating
    And losing traction. I use soft 46b bar stock for my slide pins as if you hit something the pins absorb the inpact and distort without shattering the forward area, yes we've been testing for years to mitigate travel issues and surfers much better than me use my fins all over the globe and send me feedback on what works or what could be better. Im a humble aquatic designer and all fins are designed by nature- pelagic fish not a. CAD machine.
    Standard ss roll pins have a high tenstile strength and as you know whack a reef and wonderous things happen. Roll pins are designed to pin metal to metal not glass- hmmm?
    I know im breaking tradition but function and durability is my goal not- mediocrity- legacy fin to hand down your lineage
    If you like ill gladly include a roll pin for you as well to either install or hold onto
    Idea is usuary joy. This is a sincere pelagic fin as its thinner than previous and taken right from a Yellowfin tuna- yup fast agile fish- endotherm- the flex will make your life interesting
    Shipped anywhere in USA flat rate of $9.00
    Sold as is a handcrafted product of legacy quality- pelagic art in glass-R U ready to climb through the looking glass and visit Alice?
    $135.00 gets you this piece of usable art plus shipping
    Fin comes with a plate and screw so your off and running. Mull it over no high presure sales here, no royalties no velcro pouches- no logos -just quality and function
    Plenty of companies making nice stuff im just one guy bringing nature to its glass medium.
    Unique or cookie tray fins- the choice is yours o seeker

Attached Files:

hankster, DJR, michael and 2 others like this.
  2. waveslider619

waveslider619 Active Member

Sep 8, 2017
    SD
    I love a heavy raked fin so much buttery sling shot going on...

3. Killafornia

Killafornia Active Member

Oct 1, 2009
  4. Artisan Fin Co-Op

Thank you for checking this out amigo
    Yes very fast and as the tip is centered under you very drivey and stable
    Our forefathers had it down, respect
    You have to look back to go forward☯️

DJR and Roach like this.
  5. michael

michael Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
    Question - if these fins are being tested all around the world, and you never make the same one twice, you’re not testing the shapes then, right- unless each one in particular had been tested? Or are your methods and construction being tested?

6. Artisan Fin Co-Op

I have lived and traveled the globe and made fins while in place I would give them to surfers better than me to ride and give feedback to make them better- from Mundaka to Padang I’ve
    Enjoyed the web and built a master fin which I then built one of one to offer up to others- this has been a 30 year journey with hundreds of surfers from pros to cruisers and with each intake the feedback and incorporate the proper design modifications
    That’s how. In this world many seek negativity I choose interconnectivity
    And my global family keeps me in the loop with feedback and pictures across the globe- remember one global family and all who gets one of my fins benefits from the collective
    Experience
    Seek not negativity seek enlightenment- reach out meet a new friend mentor a grommit share a smile

Attached Files:

Tenfooter and michael like this.
  7. michael

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
    Sir yes sir

Macilious likes this.
  8. Macilious

Macilious Active Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Just me or anyone else get this guy and KPD into the Mexican wilderness for a week long peyote/mediation/surf enlightenment ritual?

9. michael

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
    Down. I’ll bring the guac

Andrew Johnson likes this.
  10. Artisan Fin Co-Op

Ill bring the ghost peppers-be fun to share the experience with everyone

Roach likes this.