FISH a documentary film.

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Stringer, Jun 1, 2015.

1. SMUKES

SMUKES Active Member

Jun 23, 2009
    USA California
    Its all about The Whale's Vagina.

2. cuda

cuda Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2007
    Smukes what's up man, you know I never thought of it till now but I think you are on to something.

gawd, I hope they dont talk as much in the movie as in that trailer. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

3. SMUKES

SMUKES Active Member

Jun 23, 2009
    USA California
    I feel stupid for not getting on a fish sooner honestly. I mean South SD, had them all over the shop, but at 16 you want want you're told you want. I rebelled against twins like an idiot because the older cats I looked up to hated the way a lot of guys wiggle their ass to get the narrower rocket fish moving and they hated MR as he represented full on contest surfing. I saw Bird's dad a lot around the reefs in LJ on his Lis knee boards and he was always the deepest and latest. Just never figured you could stand up on one. For me now the fish is speed without pumping, without wiggling ass. Love them.

Artz likes this.
  4. Stringer

Stringer Active Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Rhode Island
    Yeah hopefully this film is not a snooze fest. Maybe they saved the good stuff for the actual film? Either way I'd like to see if for my own home work. Personally I feel most at home on a fish. Maybe it's the skateboard cross over with my muscle memory but that loose and fast feeling works for me. You make a good point Smukes. The first thing I had to learn about the fish was less is more. Zoom!

As far as the missing shapers, it appear to me that this film focuses on the Lis/Skip fish. Everyone in the film is connected to this line of the fish family tree which I guess would be the origins. It would be cool if someone picked up the story of the evolution of the fish in the hands of shapes like Pavel, Mabile, Mitsven, Brom and the like. Sounds like a book for RK to do.

5. Stringer

Stringer Active Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Rhode Island
  6. mgarbutt

mgarbutt Active Member

Apr 5, 2011
    USA Delaware
    Thanks for the heads up just preordered it, can't wait to check it out!

7. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    I must be nuts! Never tried one. I can only think of two locals that ride fish. They both are excellent and draw great lines. My front foot bias could make one work too. I'm stuck in single fin world. Help! Thanks for posting.

8. mgarbutt

mgarbutt Active Member

Apr 5, 2011
    USA Delaware
    Neil here is a little video clip to get you fired up on the fish: https://vimeo.com/155495932

9. longboardkook

longboardkook Member

Jun 19, 2020
    Denver, ColoRADo
    After a years of it being on my todo list, just watched the Fish documentary for free on Red Bull: https://www.redbull.com/us-en/films/fish

Small print disclosure- I’m no big fan of RedBull’s drink product or any sugar drink company that targets the surf/skate/snowboard scene. But hey ya got to deal with the devil sometimes for some cool stuff.

DJR likes this.
  10. Artz

Artz Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Florida
    Maybe he wanted to be paid up front, then not show up for 90 days to more.

kclibman, DJR and JMJackFish like this.