first impression on gliders

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Fishface, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Fishface

Fishface Active Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Del Mar,CA
    Jeez. I thought these boards were for old guys... I ride mainly fishes, mids and a few takayama logs... I bought this 10'6 mitsven magic glider on a whim from that Oceanside Surfboard Collective place. It took a couple months before i even paddled it out. I mean - this thing is HUGE.

Its been 1-2 in N county lately and I finally waxed this thing up.

10'6 w/ a 7" skip fin and 3" sides. holy SH!t. This board is insane. It turns! it catches everything. It seriously hauls ass. Everyone was watching me. Felt like I was on something 3ft shorter. Blown away. I see how people get addicted to these.

mitsglide1.jpg mitsglide2.jpg mitsglide1.jpg mitsglide2.jpg

Thats all I got to say.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  2. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Have the right tool for the job. A big board makes ankle slappers way more interesting. Good call on a small center fin. IMO, too many guys figure the bigger the board, the bigger the center fin you need. Not.

Fishface and Andrew Johnson like this.
  3. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    USA California
    theboardsource-george-glider-106-1 (1).jpg Ahhhh heck yeah....doesn't that make you go.."dang"..what was i waiting for?..ha
    Same here..friend for 3 yrs bugged me..you need a glider...etc..etc.
    Finally grabbed a 10.6 from the board source...only a single so i use a skip 8.5..or a
    Salty merchants 8.5 "lady voilet" fin..sorta 4A greenoish.
    So much fun...man..know you got me thinking..for
    Friday..start with fowler platypus..then finish with the glider..hmm
    Thanks man!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    davey, Artz and Fishface like this.
  4. SdSurferguy

SdSurferguy Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    USA
    Glad you like it. Next try the 7” w out sidebites. Vet is right, go as small as you can w the fins (you’ll be surprised)

Fishface likes this.
  5. Fishface

Fishface Active Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Del Mar,CA
    Ok I'll take the training wheels off.. I have some smaller thruster style centers. Maybe 5"... I'll play around with it. Definitely changed the way i look at these small clean days...

Artz likes this.