First ding repair?

ks77

Jan 16, 2007
LA, CA
Picked up this zippi fish on CL last week for cheap. Had a bunch of delam, some very poor repairs on the rails, and big pressures. Figured it was a low risk way to try my hand at repairing delam. All the repairs aren't perfectly aesthetically appealing but seem functional enough. When I opened up the delam with a Dremel tool I was surprised by how good of shape the foam was in. I used microbubbles to level a bit before putting two layers of 6 oz cloth on. I haven't yet put on a gloss coat and may just leave it as is.

The tips provided on this site were helpful, so keep them coming.

I've wanted a zippi for a while, so excited to give this one a try soon.
PXL_20221016_161412514.jpg
PXL_20221016_161423757.jpg

Curlz

Jun 26, 2020
VA, USA
Picked up this zippi fish on CL last week for cheap. Had a bunch of delam, some very poor repairs on the rails, and big pressures. Figured it was a low risk way to try my hand at repairing delam. All the repairs aren't perfectly aesthetically appealing but seem functional enough. When I opened up the delam with a Dremel tool I was surprised by how good of shape the foam was in. I used microbubbles to level a bit before putting two layers of 6 oz cloth on. I haven't yet put on a gloss coat and may just leave it as is.

The tips provided on this site were helpful, so keep them coming.

I've wanted a zippi for a while, so excited to give this one a try soon.
View attachment 50167 View attachment 50168
Sweet dude!