Fineline Surfboard email...

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Grubo, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Grubo

Grubo Member

Mar 29, 2017
    South OC
    Hey gents, I’m looking into a custom fineline longboard. I need help getting a hold of them. I went to there website and emailed him, but nothing! I herd that email is old and doesn’t work (finelinesurfboards.com)

Does anyone know the new/correct email?

Thanks for you help!

2. mitch44

mitch44 Active Member

Sep 3, 2018
    California
    Bottom line...be patient and good luck. Roll of the dice. I’ve been meaning to post on here that my MP I ordered after several conversations with Brian never got finished. Zero communication since June even after being told it was going to be “done soon”. Lots of Hilbers fans on here including myself so I won’t elaborate... but what a heartbreaker. Rubbed me the wrong way if I’m being honest to be ghosted like that ordering my bucket list board. To reiterate I hope you get lucky and get a stick from him...but be warned he’s a pretty elusive character that shapes his own way on his own trip. Sorry for the rant!

3. mitch44

mitch44 Active Member

Sep 3, 2018
    California
    BrazilButtNut likes this.
  4. Grubo

Grubo Member

Mar 29, 2017
    South OC
    Thanks for the info @mitch44, sorry to hear about the heartbreaker on your bucket list board. I’ll send a email and cross my fingers and toes on this one! Thanks again

mitch44 likes this.
  5. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    USA California
    Same story..i had a micro ant III...MP
    Wanted to try sonething in between..

He totally flaked...id keep an eye on mollusk...

Heres a thought...maybe contact kirk putnam...maybe can put a fire under him...

Its a shame
    .he is this...way..
    Juxtaposed
    It took just over 3 months for my torren board ..start to finish..shipped from australia to LA..then leon to me..
    And dont get me syarted about fricken fast bruce fowler is...awesome customer service

BrazilButtNut and mitch44 like this.
  6. espi

espi Member

May 11, 2018
    Dana Point, Ca
    I've been trying to place an SOS order with him via email AND through a board shop. Both no luck. I like the idea of contacting Mollusk. Although their Fineline inventory is starting to thin out, so maybe he's not responding to Mollusk either. I've ordered my Ant through Daydream in Newport Beach. The owner there (Kyle) has been trying to get in touch with him as well.

Reminds me of Crocodile Dundee, maybe he's gone on a "walkabout" after building a ton of boards before summer. On the other hand, we're all not getting any younger ... hopefully, it is not a health issue.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    mitch44 likes this.
  7. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Persisit. BJ does spend a lot of time in the mountains during summer, engaging in the time honered walkabout. When you take a freethinking free sprit like Brian and add the fact that he hand shapes from raw blanks (and a man of his vintage) you come up with hit and miss on contacts.

mitch44 likes this.
  8. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Flip side of that coin though not quite as exotic, squid ordered before me but I placed my order Oct. 4th for a 60s pig from Pieter in Australia. We are ordering at the same time to split shipping costs. Both have custom blank glue ups. I’ve had direct contact by phone more than once. Immediate communication on IG, almost daily live video feeds in the shaping and glassing bays. Bottom line both boards are boxed and will be on a UA cargo flight tomorrow on the way to Philadelphia.

9. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
  10. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Some are more available and responsive than others. Guess that’s obvious.

bluemarlin04, Artz and DanSan like this.