Favorite surf resort

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by fishy82, Nov 9, 2016.

1. fishy82

fishy82 New Member

Jun 2, 2013
    looking to do trips in Jan and March and looking for options. Kinda thinking Mexico, CR or Nicaragua. Most of my travels have been to HI, CA, and OBX. What's your favorite resort/wave combo? I'm not looking to go wave hunting or huge surf, just looking for a playful long wave to surf. Basically get off the plane, get on a shuttle and get dropped at the resort. Surf, eat, sleep, repeat kinda deal....

2. applekat

applekat Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
  3. OrangeDog

OrangeDog Guest

Cabo - Cabo surf hotel with a shuttle to Scorps

4. JMJackFish

JMJackFish Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2016
    USA North Carolina
    El Salvador - Las Flores

5. Finward

Finward Active Member

Jan 16, 2012
    USA
    Witches rock surf camp will find you surf if there is any to be found by boat or van and they have a nice micro brewery onsite

6. Finward

Finward Active Member

Jan 16, 2012
    USA
    My favorite spots were avellanas and Marbella

7. Finward

Finward Active Member

Jan 16, 2012
    USA
  8. TonyPR

TonyPR Active Member

Aug 4, 2014
    Puerto Rico
    The best I have been at is Chicama Surf Resort in Peru, looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong left in front of the hotel, great food included and they pick you up from the airport, problem is it fires most consistently in June/July. Being from Florida you've never done PR? True that you need to rent a car but staying in Rincón you have plenty of option within a 10 min drive and there's some places you can stay at in front of the beach plus if Maria's is firing you don't need to look anywhere else. Jan and March are very good months for PR surf.

9. Rinconryder

Rinconryder Active Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Interested in this thread - keep them coming. Any in Nicaragua or panama?

10. fishy82

fishy82 New Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Have friends in popoyo right now. I'm not a fan of lefts and from what I understand, nica is dubbed the land of lefts. And as much as I'd say I want to go on a trip to consistently get barreled, it's not my forte, and I'd rather have a long head high to overhead wall to carve up. Most of what you read is how good the reefs are for holding size and barrels. Again, no first hand experience. I would love to surf something like rincon around HH with some barrel sections but overall cruisy fun carvy carvy.