Favorite old school surf film other than The Endless Summer?

Wadeinthewater

Jul 30, 2020
Haleiwa HI
Add me to the list of those saying Hot Generation....awesome movie and I loved the soundtrack!
Also don't forget Evolution.....Wayne's surfing is still amazing, he made the template for high performance shortboard surfing with no one to emulate and it still looks as good or better then much of the modern surfing you see.....Soundtrack on that one not so much! Perhaps the difference between the Hot Generation soundtrack by The Sunsets (early garage punk?) and Taman Shud (same group, they just changed their name) should be discussed
under the "surfing on acid" string
Paul Witzig's contribution to documenting the transition era is huge.

DJR

Feb 1, 2018
Carolina Beach NC
Add me to the list of those saying Hot Generation....awesome movie and I loved the soundtrack!
Also don't forget Evolution.....Wayne's surfing is still amazing, he made the template for high performance shortboard surfing with no one to emulate and it still looks as good or better then much of the modern surfing you see.....Soundtrack on that one not so much! Perhaps the difference between the Hot Generation soundtrack by The Sunsets (early garage punk?) and Taman Shud (same group, they just changed their name) should be discussed
under the "surfing on acid" string
Paul Witzig's contribution to documenting the transition era is huge.
Hot Generation theme song and trailer is the absolute shit
Makes me wanna take my Stepchild out right now

PeakMaster

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey CMC
Hmmm, sounds cool.
I wonder if I can add th e app on my Samsung Smart TV....... not a brand new model (got it probably 5-6 yrs. ago) so I guess I'll have to check.

Cool thread, as we go along, someone pulls out (yet) another forgotten flick that deserves honorable mentioning.
I tried to get the one I was in from Paul Gillane but can't find it anywhere. Just my luck...... my 15 seconds of fame... lol.
You should be able to

V.Manoc

Jul 25, 2021
Thousand Oaks, California
“ Five summer stories”
“Standing room only”
“Fantasea”

All three are awesome
! 8B5DFF76-F373-4C8F-9793-B7A2CB4AD606.jpeg 07377C56-F033-4C06-8468-CA80F8B8C48F.jpeg B918D5F6-F398-40D4-B4DA-B3A51CF58437.jpeg