Faro board bag review

backtail

Jun 11, 2019
long beach, california
I bought a 10’ one a few months ago, I like that he buys factory 2nd fabric and recycled materials where he can. The roll top is clever, i use it down to 8’ boards. Slips on very easily, all depends how well you can hold a longboard in one hand, regular zip bags work easier, but I really like my Faro and do recommend it. I think he’s also mostly a one man operation and if you email him, he does customs.

I do like the green fuz bag i have, i like how the green fuz has nylon liner the length of board on the top side of the bag. Though not having it there hasn’t really been a problem on the, Faro, costs a little less than Green Fuz. They are also on sale occasionally.

edit, just saw they updated the bags with loops for a strap, kinda not down with that, takes away from the simplicity of a sock. And seems like the company is growing a little bit, now they say built in North America, which I don’t think was the case before (maybe it was and I didn’t catch it)…I interpret that as made in Mexico or Nicaragua or something, not that that’s bad per se, I’d rather a company just be upfront with where stuff is made…like lame fashion labels that say made in prc.

Green Fuz is still made in California.

Last edited:

JVRI

Nov 15, 2021
Rhode Island
Thanks @backtail. Is there any kind of padding in there? Hard to decipher from the site leaving me to think these are just beauty upped hipster board socks.

backtail

Jun 11, 2019
long beach, california
They are not padded. To me, board socks like the typical stretchy kind don’t work that well because they want to hug the board as you’re sliding it on or off.

Faro/GF are mostly about keeping wax off of things, limiting scratches and reducing sun exposure. I use it for boards that I stow in my car, padded bags to me are a little over kill for my situation. I don’t have to navigate corners or anything to put my boards away and they are lighter than padded bags. They also take up less space than a padded bag when not in use.

I think almost all stretchy board socks are made of 100% synthetic fibers and probably don’t last as long as Faro or Green Fuz.

JVRI

Nov 15, 2021
Rhode Island
Totally makes sense. I hate socks, but have used them out of convenience. I’m hoping these bags works for similar in and out of car/racks to and from the beach.

backtail

Jun 11, 2019
long beach, california
Forgot to mention, I bought the 10’ for a 10’ board but decided it’s too long and heavy for me to sock it. So I found a used padded bag, and use the 10’ sock happily with my 9’4 and smaller.

Hodaddy81

Feb 2, 2021
Jersey
So keep in mind they sponsor my show. But as someone that not too long ago ran a business in producing 9 ounce board bags I can most definitely give an opinion. So first I want to say that the construction is well done and thought out in design. Every stitch is correct and never frayed (or at least on mine) I really like how they make them to fit multiple sized boards. Thats something that my customers always wanted me to do but I never listened. The reason why I also like them is that they are not padded. For me I have about 4 of the main places I surf in about a 20 minute distance. So I just need something to keep wax off my seats if I place the board in my car or I just need something to keep the sun off so I don't delam on my roof rack. When I do travel far I do use a padded bag because multiple boards are going up top on my rack and I drive pretty fast at times. If I have two boards in a bag ( which is often) I use the Faro bag as a buffer for wax reasons. $ Tag... Let's all keep in mind that surfboard pricing has gone up but artisan board bags have gone down. There was a time where I was selling less featured bags with a local kids doodle on it and selling it for $175 for a 6'0. Yes it was handmade yes it was tie dyed cool and Screenprinted but it was also a piece of shit. I will admit it I was not a great seamstress at all. If that the word I am looking for. Faro quality is ten times better meaning it will last longer and if we wanna go all eco on this convo Isn't it better to have something that last longer then just looks cool? Anyway thats my 2 cents from someone that actually made a minor career out of selling "artisan" bags to hipster kids. Sorry. Not Sorry

JVRI

Nov 15, 2021
Rhode Island
Apparently I’ve been blabbering about a board bag/sleeve out loud and my wife took notice and gifted me a Faro bag! Have to the say the craftsmanship is stellar and the materials feel high-quality. Also, she had order me a size too short so I reached out to exchange, Jack was amazing, super quick to respond and send out a new size. Haven’t used it yet (nursing an injury) but excited to put it to use.