Experiences with the higher end / expensive wetsuit brands

mightyrime

Nov 10, 2020
oceanside ca
I just pulled the trigger on an Isurus wetsuit. 3.3 front zip. Going up to san clemente this week to try on and purchase. Fingers crossed... most i have ever spent on a wetsuit... hope its worth it.

mightyrime

Nov 10, 2020
oceanside ca
Here is a gross but serious question... when you pee in a yamato wetsuit does it still dissipate and flush out like a normal suit? Or is it trapped in there!!!

I should my wife the wetsuit and it was her first question.

ParSurf

Nov 16, 2018
Milwaukee Oregon
Isurus suits start out a little on the tightside for the first 3-4 sessions but seem to conform to you body. I may be imagining this anyone else have a similar experience.
First surf in it was today, felt real snug in the shop but I like all my suits to feel that way. I’m on the larger side of a size large. That being said definitely more stretchy and substantially lighter than my xcel drylock 5/4 but not quite as warm. Killer suit for sure, hope it last a bit longer than my last couple xcel’s

Lustro

Jul 25, 2021
San Carlos, CA
First surf in it was today, felt real snug in the shop but I like all my suits to feel that way. I’m on the larger side of a size large. That being said definitely more stretchy and substantially lighter than my xcel drylock 5/4 but not quite as warm. Killer suit for sure, hope it last a bit longer than my last couple xcel’s
I really liked mine. Only used it three times but seemed better fitting each time--as if the tighter areas got looser and the looser areas got tighter--but that might be my imagination. Only problem is that I discovered that the little button on the side of the chest wasn't working. Can't tighten that little cord.

Isurus hasn't responded to my email about this yet, and it's been almost a week. I talked the Cleanline (where I got the suit) and they're taking care of it for me instead.

Oldmanparker

Nov 20, 2016
Los Angeles
Here is a gross but serious question... when you pee in a yamato wetsuit does it still dissipate and flush out like a normal suit? Or is it trapped in there!!!

If you smell coffee when you change that isnt coffee. No. It doesn’t drain. Don’t do it or do it early in the session

West81

Jun 28, 2021
Hollandia

I once peed in a new suit and instead of going down, it worked its way up and eventually starting coming out of my sleeves and collar :eek:

Twas not a good day

SeniorGrom

Mar 20, 2012
USA New Jersey
Could it be true that peeing in your wetsuit can cure nail fungus?

Spin: lower end manufacturers can train reps. to promote leaky suits as a ‘designed in’ waste removal system.

Last edited: