Edge vs Edge vs Edge vs Edge

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Freddibetts, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Freddibetts

Freddibetts Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    USA New York
    Different paths leading to the same destination ?

Andreini
    Furrow
    Anderson
    Ericsson

I love my Andreini Vaquero 8"0 Edge
    Curious as to other shapers take on the style

Has anyone tried and compared ?

davesburgers, hankster and DJR like this.
  2. DJR

DJR Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2018
    Carolina Beach NC
    Only a few boards personally but my Andreini has a much sharper edge than my Andersons
    I mean like sharp extremely pronounced on my Serena edge as opposed to twin pin and APE
    Sizes are all different though so I am not sure ramifications of such difference Waiting on a 7’2 or so APE and may find differences obvious or may not being as I am a bit of a dullard

3. mitch44

mitch44 Active Member

Sep 3, 2018
    California
    I second DJR as far as the edge depth on Anderson vs Andreini. Have had Andreini edges that don’t seem to go for me personally (several) unless the waves are more powerful...The extreme edge seems to create extra drag until the wave energy overpowers it. Whereas I have noticed the opposite with Anderson- the subtle edge seems to add some horsepower even in week southern CA waves. Have heard so many positive reports of andreinis edges- I may have had duds or just never tried them on the right days.

DJR and JMJackFish like this.
  4. hankster

hankster Active Member

Nov 12, 2013
    USA California
    I have a 7' Mandala Super Stubby edge as well as a few Andreini edge boards. The bottom contours of the Andreini edge boards are much more defined; in particular the concave which starts almost mid-way down. I also have a Wilderness edge shaped by Bob Duncan. The edge is far more radical than the Andreini or Mandala. I haven't ridden it yet, but I look forward to trying.

DJR likes this.
  5. DJR

DJR Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2018
    Carolina Beach NC
    Look forward to ride report on Wilderness

hankster likes this.
  6. Bruce Fowler

Bruce Fowler Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2018
    California

hankster, Artz and DJR like this.
  7. hankster

hankster Active Member

Nov 12, 2013
    USA California
    The Duncan edge is stashed in Central America. As soon as I can get down there, I look forward to giving her a go.