Edge vs Edge vs Edge vs Edge

DJR

Feb 1, 2018
Carolina Beach NC
Only a few boards personally but my Andreini has a much sharper edge than my Andersons
I mean like sharp extremely pronounced on my Serena edge as opposed to twin pin and APE
Sizes are all different though so I am not sure ramifications of such difference Waiting on a 7’2 or so APE and may find differences obvious or may not being as I am a bit of a dullard

mitch44

Sep 3, 2018
California
I second DJR as far as the edge depth on Anderson vs Andreini. Have had Andreini edges that don’t seem to go for me personally (several) unless the waves are more powerful...The extreme edge seems to create extra drag until the wave energy overpowers it. Whereas I have noticed the opposite with Anderson- the subtle edge seems to add some horsepower even in week southern CA waves. Have heard so many positive reports of andreinis edges- I may have had duds or just never tried them on the right days.

hankster

Nov 12, 2013
San Francisco
I have a 7' Mandala Super Stubby edge as well as a few Andreini edge boards. The bottom contours of the Andreini edge boards are much more defined; in particular the concave which starts almost mid-way down. I also have a Wilderness edge shaped by Bob Duncan. The edge is far more radical than the Andreini or Mandala. I haven't ridden it yet, but I look forward to trying.

DJR

Feb 1, 2018
Carolina Beach NC
I have a 7' Mandala Super Stubby edge as well as a few Andreini edge boards. The bottom contours of the Andreini edge boards are much more defined; in particular the concave which starts almost mid-way down. I also have a Wilderness edge shaped by Bob Duncan. The edge is far more radical than the Andreini or Mandala. I haven't ridden it yet, but I look forward to trying.
Look forward to ride report on Wilderness

hankster

Nov 12, 2013
San Francisco
I know it's probably been tough to get around, but have you had a chance yet?

I was down right before Thanksgiving, and I punked out. I rode 4 different boards, but the only edge board I rode was my 7' Mandala Super Stubbie with 8.5" Power Blade. Oh well, I hope to return in April. I'll definitely give her a go then.

Reactions: DJR