East coast board train thread

RobG814

Apr 27, 2020
North Carolina
Looks like there’s a longboard event (Steel Pier Classic) in VA beach over Memorial Day weekend. Anyone making the trip?

I don’t need anything from up there but figured someone on here might be making the journey.

Basenji703

Apr 2, 2014
Virginia Beach, VA
There has been very little information about this contest. How did you find out about it? A friend of mine mentioned it and I had to search really hard to get any information at all. It used to be a big deal and I got 2nd in my age division years ago. Now I would have to compete against 40 year olds. That wouldn't be fun at all.

RobG814

Apr 27, 2020
North Carolina
There has been very little information about this contest. How did you find out about it? A friend of mine mentioned it and I had to search really hard to get any information at all. It used to be a big deal and I got 2nd in my age division years ago. Now I would have to compete against 40 year olds. That wouldn't be fun at all.
Yeah I thought the same thing, very little marketing. I saw a post on Katin’s Instagram account. They appear to be one of the sponsors.

RobG814

Apr 27, 2020
North Carolina
Any New Yorkers heading down south anytime soon? Trying to get a 9’6” from Long Island (West Sayville) down to NC.

Edit: if anyone can get it from NY to MD @GearNut volunteered to get it down to NC.

Last edited:

RobG814

Apr 27, 2020
North Carolina
I'll be going from wilmington, NC to Davidsonville, MD on 6/9 and returning 6/19 if I can help with anything let me know.
Thanks John! I am going to see if I can get it down to MD and we might be in business.

Obviously, I will compensate all involved parties with transporting/storing the board

NCJohn

Oct 27, 2015
Wilmington, NC
Thanks John! I am going to see if I can get it down to MD and we might be in business.

Obviously, I will compensate all involved parties with transporting/storing the board
Thanks but not necessary. Let me know if you get it to MD, Chris and I have a system in place at this point!