East coast board train thread

Langbort

Apr 25, 2021
NY
If you ever have to ship in the US, highly recommend you use Dolly Mancarella. She's shipped several boards for me and has been perfect. She's also super nice. It is expensive these days, but I think you can put 3 or 4 boards in a shipment and it brings the cost down. Info below:

Dolly Mancarella - ダリ 万彼等
e-mail: [email protected]
DM Management
9450 Mira Mesa Blvd C406
San Diego CA 92126
Spoke with Dolly!

She is awesome. It's looking to be ~500 shipped to NYC with residential pickup. I think @Artz may be on to something. Thanks for the advice! Super appreciated.

306Bing

Oct 1, 2015
OCNJ
Dolly is super nice and I appreciated her help and I was really excited to get the board I had been looking for, however, she doesn't do the packing (left to shop she's using) and you are at the risk of whoever does it. I received the board free of any damage, but it was just thrown in a box with a day bag(which came with the board). No packing material at all; although I paid for it. Just a fairly lightweight box for 1 board at 300$. I know I got super lucky and DHL handled it with care.

Makawaosurfer93

Feb 15, 2007
USA New Jersey
Dolly is super nice and I appreciated her help and I was really excited to get the board I had been looking for, however, she doesn't do the packing (left to shop she's using) and you are at the risk of whoever does it. I received the board free of any damage, but it was just thrown in a box with a day bag(which came with the board). No packing material at all; although I paid for it. Just a fairly lightweight box for 1 board at 300$. I know I got super lucky and DHL handled it with care.
We have had multiple boards with glass ons packed to the hilt by Dolly that arrived without issue. Over packed in my opinion, but thats better than the alternative.

kpd73

May 8, 2013
USA Rhode Island
Anyone shipped anything from South Florida recently? - Say a 6'0 board from Miami to New England area in particular?

Thanks

NCJohn

Oct 27, 2015
Wilmington, NC
I'll be going from Wilmington, NC to Annapolis MD at the end of the month. Could take a board(s) in either direction. Gotta go on the roof tho

Reactions: DJR