East coast board train thread

Lackosense

Apr 25, 2017
Rockaway, NY
There is a good chance i'll be driving the east coast in a week. Some sweet boards up for sale...maybe i can facilitate a board train :)

Lackosense

Apr 25, 2017
Rockaway, NY
Two of my boards have a ride to anapolis area Maryland this week. Anyone near or around maryland who can help me get the boards alittle bit further north? I'm really dreading making a 4 hour drive each way

SharkB8

Sep 21, 2011
USA Virginia
I can grab the 9-6 for you and get it to gearnut. I just finished his custom paipo today and he’s been making trips here quite often. I’m looking to hitch a ride from Wilmington area towards Virginia. Nc John has a board for me.

NJ Longboarder

Jan 3, 2005
East coast board train will be in full effect this weekend. I will be as far south as Newark DE Saturday morning and then heading to Long Beach, NY and somewhere on the side of the road in CT on Sunday morning. If anyone has something to be moved get it to me before I make the run or we can meet along the way.

Any meeting up along the way will need to be right off whatever road I'm traveling as this is the express train with no local service.

Patrick Riley

May 15, 2018
Jacksonville Beach
Just a heads up. I started trying to standardize this process a little for people who have bought boards on my page and need help transporting them. I reached out and asked if anyone travelled the 95 corridor for work/trips/etc and was interested in getting gas money for the route they were already driving. After talking to a few of the people making the drive we kind of settled on this set-up and it seems fair. I'm working on putting a contacts list together and making a spreadsheet of their frequent routes, dates, board transport capabilities.

FLA - NE or similar distance
Boards over 9' - $100
Under 9' - $75

Half distance FLA - NC or similar - $75 / $50

*disclaimer - I am helping organize but do not get any of that money, it all goes through the driver.

I reached out to Joe Falcone at The Almeda Club in Rockaway Beach. He has graciously offered one of his board lockers (rents them to surfers from the city to store boards) to use as a drop-off/Pick-up point for the NY area. I provided a 4 digit code padlock and the board locker will fit boards up to 12'. This helps with the issue of someone not having to meet someone at a specific exit at a certain time and the new owner can pick up at their convenience. There are camera's and the boards are secure. The new owner can pick up during business hours and just pay $5 To Almeda club when they pick up.

I'm also looking for someone in Richmond VA area to store boards and someone possibly in the SC/NC area close to 95.

I know a guy who is in Cocoa Beach now with a sprinter van who is driving back up to NY with a stop in VB along the way if anyone wants to send a board with him. I do not know him personally, but he seems honest enough. I can provide his number if anyone wants to try to work something out with him.

All the best,
Patrick