East coast board train thread

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by shadydave, May 13, 2018.

1. Makawaosurfer93

Makawaosurfer93 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2007
    USA New Jersey
    My daughter and I ran up to Long Beach, NY to get boards from @Walnuts & @Lackosense. 1 is going to @SharkB8 via @GearNut and there is 1 for @GearNut as well. Another 1 for @zippy. All in all a fun day driving to NY. These will all be handed off at the swap on June 28th at the Beach House. Some coming north for me, @michael and @bluemarlin04. This board train thing is unlike anything I have ever been apart of. I have helped out so many times over the years. I enjoy giving and receiving.

2. bluemarlin04

bluemarlin04 Active Member

Dec 10, 2018
    Hawaii
    I appreciate it and I will be heading back to hawaii in the fall.

If anyone ever comes through and needs a board to borrow let me know! I’d love to repay the favor.

DJR, kpd73 and Makawaosurfer93 like this.
  3. NCJohn

NCJohn Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Can anyone assist in getting a board from the swap to MD or possibly even as far as Wilmington, NC? It's a 9'7

4. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Well done. All it really takes is the willingness to drive a few hours, some toll $, and a tank of fuel. The benefit is seeing some nice surfboards and meeting new Jamboarders with the same interest.

bluemarlin04, Pointbreak and deemce like this.
  5. Salinity

Salinity Well-Known Member

May 11, 2016
    USA Rhode Island
    Nice Dave! Spreading stoke all up and down the East Coast. So wish I could head down for the swap - maybe next year...

Makawaosurfer93 likes this.
  6. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    I can grab and bring down next time I visit the inlaws in MD. No trip set yet, but I assume one will be made this summer.

7. NCJohn

NCJohn Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Thanks for the offer but GearNut confirmed this am that he can bring it back from the swap this weekend.

8. m8r

m8r Active Member

Apr 8, 2014
    NC
    Hi Jamboarders!

I have a 6.6 board in a travel bag in MA that needs a ride south if possible. I'm located in NC, and it would be incredible if the board made it all the way down here somehow, but even a first leg to the NJ zone would be a great help. I'm up for coordinating a load of boards that may need rides north from NC this summer if we can get things aligned.

Please reach out if you're travelling through the MA corridor any time soon and mahalo in advance for any support!

Thanks,

M8r/Mark

9. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
    Just an FYI you can ship greyhound bus box size max 82”L from Portland ME, Boston or Worcester MA to Wilmington NC

10. m8r

m8r Active Member

Apr 8, 2014
    NC
    Thanks for the tip SDave. I'll check it out