Dudes smoking crack selling surfboards

Sax-son

Nov 23, 2019
Three Rivers, CA

I understand a board is worth as much as someone is willing to pay, but also amazed at how some peeps think their s#*t is gold. I'm all for capitalism and free markets, etc, but it cracks me up when some people are questioned and the lost belief they hold that something is worth so much. Amazing what antiques roadshow did to so many markets.....
Thought it could be a fun thread to post up some examples......
That's right! It's one thing if for some reason an item is not possible to be recreated or reissued, but there are so many surfboard builders now that could build anything, modern or retro. I guess one could argue that something built in the 1950's or 1960's has some nostalgic mojo, but what kind of mojo could it have if it's been sitting in somebodies garage rafters for years. Not all retro surfboards were good either. I have had my share of "turds" as well. Over the years I had had picked up dozens of boards for $10 to $20 and in decent condition as well. However, there were many that really weren't worth much more than that because they were just heavy logs. You could ride them, but they were uninspiring planks that just floated.