Duct Tape At HB starting now 9:40 PDT

Niau

Dec 18, 2020
Necarney City

FirstPointEric

Staff member
May 9, 2010
USA California and Nashville, TNN
For your mental health turn off the sound.

Ha! I just heard this Chris Kotay express surprise that Noosa was known as the Malibu of Oz. Hodad, kook, dolt. All appropiate digs.

Tosh, hanging toes on a nice zipper.

D0ADEC73-B3E8-46CC-9E0B-DD1D26A276AF.jpeg

Last edited:

hullogfish

Dec 22, 2006
San Diego North
Peter Mell knocking the fact that most of the competitors are not wearing leashes...okay. I thought leashes were a no go at the DT events anyway. The usual suspects are surfing really well and it is very fascinating to see the varity of board designs on the punchy less than ideal beachbreak. Matt C is good on the mic, he should be the primary guy

jory

Dec 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Peter Mell knocking the fact that most of the competitors are not wearing leashes...okay. I thought leashes were a no go at the DT events anyway. The usual suspects are surfing really well and it is very fascinating to see the varity of board designs on the punchy less than ideal beachbreak. Matt C is good on the mic, he should be the primary guy
This is a duct tape co-opted by the WSL though so leashes and priority battles are the go!

Two snapped logs in the first two heats!…..

Mens wise Roach and quintal almost a class above ( although skindog and Kani Stewart looked good too!)

Tosh Tudor often looks like his dad style wise.

Shame we won’t see Matt C in the water as well….

FirstPointEric

Staff member
May 9, 2010

I guess because this is now a WSL contest--and not just a bonus add-on specialty event--the leash is allowed. And I think Pete was only recommending a leash because of the pier and the multiple busted boards in the earlier rounds.

Niau

Dec 18, 2020
Necarney City

For those who might not know, this Joel’s invitational longboard event, held a few times a year and is a single fin, no leash event. Should be fun as the waves are up in Huntington and conditions are relatively clean.
Invitational. Interesting. I'd like to invite some creativity for solving the 'lame as' commentary during this event. It's painful. But there is an intriguing application for excess hot air for reducing the amount of plastic debris entering the ocean via rivers:

Bubble_Barrier_Systempng-14.png

Bubble curtain​

The location and necessary airflow of our bubble curtain are adapted according to the flow dynamics of the river or waterway. The bubble hose is made from rubber tubing and is ideally suited to application in a wide range of locations.

Just as Humpback whales entrap prey fish by creating a bubble curtain, this outfit is creating a bubble screen that directs riverborn plastics to a catchment device. The WSL could earn some environmental bonus points by hooking up their commentators to an air tank.

FirstPointEric

Staff member
May 9, 2010
For those who care to provide their own soundtrack to the Duct Tape today, it starts at 11:35 PDT and it’s only the Women’s Division today, starting with R4. Swell has dropped post-Hurricane Harry but it’ll be more than fine for logging. I just hope conditions are good and the wind stays down; it’s typically blown out by midday.

Hopefully they’ll drag Al Knost back for actual color commentary. He was fun to hear yesterday for the back half of the coverage. I wish he was surfing in it.

Here’s your draw:

H1: Alice LeMoigne x Kaitlin Mikkelson
H2: Avalon Gall x Sally Cohen
H3: Chloe Calmon x Maria Reyes
H4: Kelis Kaleopa’a x Lindsey Steinriede
H5: Honolua Blomfeld x Hiroka Yoshikawa
H6: Tully White x Sophia Culhane
H7: Soleil Errico x Mason Schremmer
H8: Rachael Tilly x Natsumi Taoka

Last edited: