Drone pics.

WhiteRussian

Oct 16, 2007
Boston Harbor
I've got the drone last year, just realized I've never posted pics. It's dji mini, the one that doesn't require a license to fly.
Nothing special as I just starting to be comfortable again after I almost lost it trying to get pictures before storm.

DJI_0057.JPG
DJI_0011.JPG
DJI_0106.JPG
DJI_0153.JPG
DJI_0221.JPG
DJI_0324.JPG
DJI_0362.JPG

WhiteRussian

Oct 16, 2007
Boston Harbor
Thank you! It's amazing little tool. I don't want to call it toy because of all technologies and capabilities it has.

p.s. Don't fly in in strong wind, partially discharged, before the sunset... Don't ask how do I know haha..

walkingtheplank

Aug 2, 2004
wherever i am
It is a pleasure to fly. Dummy proof ! And goes stupid far
OccuSync 2.0 is way better than 1.0 - had a few Minis, & now a Mini 2. i've flown mine out about 2 miles...that's as far as i'd dare go. Minis are too damn small to realistically pilot beyond VLOS anyways. the new Autel Nano looks to be a Mini killer, but hasn't arrived to market in the US yet. i've been flying for over 4 yrs now. my YT channel: Healing Thru Nature

Last edited:

Chilly Willy

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey
Nice! Welcome to the drone club for those with new ones. I've been flying a Mavic Pro for a few years and the technology is incredible. It pretty much flies itself. One other thing to watch out for if you're flying during very cold winter months is battery voltage. If your battery gets too cold, it can cut power immediately and drop out of the sky. Just gotta watch your telemetry and keep your spare batteries warm between flights. I forget exactly what my model's lower end is... I think you don't want to get below 3.4V or something like that.

@michael -- The funny thing about having a drone and surfing, in my experience, is that you never have anyone to do the flying/filming. I got mine and had similar hopes, but I've only ever tried filming myself surfing once using ActiveTrack (very low altitude, completely vacant beach, etc). When we finally work out a session together one of these days, we could always try trading off camera/flight duty if you're ever interested.

michael

Apr 19, 2017
NJ
Nice! Welcome to the drone club for those with new ones. I've been flying a Mavic Pro for a few years and the technology is incredible. It pretty much flies itself. One other thing to watch out for if you're flying during very cold winter months is battery voltage. If your battery gets too cold, it can cut power immediately and drop out of the sky. Just gotta watch your telemetry and keep your spare batteries warm between flights. I forget exactly what my model's lower end is... I think you don't want to get below 3.4V or something like that.

@michael -- The funny thing about having a drone and surfing, in my experience, is that you never have anyone to do the flying/filming. I got mine and had similar hopes, but I've only ever tried filming myself surfing once using ActiveTrack (very low altitude, completely vacant beach, etc). When we finally work out a session together one of these days, we could always try trading off camera/flight duty if you're ever interested.
Sign me up captain