Devon Howard / Wayne Rich Collab Video

Bummer Dude

Jul 8, 2019
Oak View
Nice clip. Was pretty sure he was surfing at C st a couple of Sunday's back (I can't really see in the water so could've been some local ripper that vaguely resembled him). Wasn't this board, but he looked good on it.

606venezia

Jul 28, 2021
Agua Fria
Okay, please be kind: I don't get what I'm missing here. This looks like some mediocre-ish logging (for a pro) and much weaker than Dev's egg surfing. Why would I buy this over the many other excellent trad longs?

Speak

Jul 17, 2012
USA California
Okay, please be kind: I don't get what I'm missing here. This looks like some mediocre-ish logging (for a pro) and much weaker than Dev's egg surfing. Why would I buy this over the many other excellent trad longs?
I think that depends on what you're looking for and what you appreciate when you watch someone log. To me, I can't imagine the board being surfed better in mediocre Malibu conditions. The board looked buttery smooth, whippy and stuck perfectly in the pocket when he was on the nose. It looks very similar to how he always logs; but I'm sure with each model, micro adjustments are made to make the board feel the way he wants it to.

Salty

May 1, 2010
USA California
I think that depends on what you're looking for and what you appreciate when you watch someone log. To me, I can't imagine the board being surfed better in mediocre Malibu conditions. The board looked buttery smooth, whippy and stuck perfectly in the pocket when he was on the nose. It looks very similar to how he always logs; but I'm sure with each model, micro adjustments are made to make the board feel the way he wants it to.
100%.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJR

Yosh

Jan 31, 2019
El Segundo
Log surfing and egg surfing is different and I would not expect both to be the same (nor similar). To me, he's doing amazing moves on a log like @Speak mentions.