ugoinright?

Sep 13, 2020
The OC Bubble
Reactions: Sky

Sky

Aug 30, 2020
Southern California
Why don’t you hit him up for a custom?
Not really looking to wait months on end for a board that I wanna give a try, plus I don't have 1k lying around to splurge on a brand new board. I really get behind the design, and since I already love my fish and mid-length, this seems like it'll be a perfect in-between. Plus, the DR Megafish offers some pretty crazy features that I'd also be interested in exploring as well (channel bottom, triplane rails, etc).

I've always bought used boards, you can sometimes find great boards shaped by extremely talented shapers for far cheaper than retail. That's not to say I'm looking for an insane deal, but if I could save a couple or a few hundred dollars off of retail (they usually resell around the 700-800$ range off of 1,000$+), and a few months of waiting, that would be great.

tcroose

Sep 25, 2019
ventura county
Not really looking to wait months on end for a board that I wanna give a try, plus I don't have 1k lying around to splurge on a brand new board. I really get behind the design, and since I already love my fish and mid-length, this seems like it'll be a perfect in-between. Plus, the DR Megafish offers some pretty crazy features that I'd also be interested in exploring as well (channel bottom, triplane rails, etc).

I've always bought used boards, you can sometimes find great boards shaped by extremely talented shapers for far cheaper than retail. That's not to say I'm looking for an insane deal, but if I could save a couple or a few hundred dollars off of retail (they usually resell around the 700-800$ range off of 1,000$+), and a few months of waiting, that would be great.
his boards are great. you should hit him up, i’m pretty sure getting a custom board that was clear, it’d be less than that guy has to charge to make up for buying it at mollusk. and it won’t take months. i’ve got one on the way. my 4th board from him.

Sky

Aug 30, 2020
Southern California
his boards are great. you should hit him up, i’m pretty sure getting a custom board that was clear, it’d be less than that guy has to charge to make up for buying it at mollusk. and it won’t take months. i’ve got one on the way. my 4th board from him.

Yea I just got a response back from him, he quoted me at 6-9 months for an 8’0”. I think I’ll wait for a used one at this point, thanks for the help though. A 9’6” just popped up on CL that I would snag but its far too big to fit in my car.

tcroose

Sep 25, 2019
ventura county
Yea I just got a response back from him, he quoted me at 6-9 months for an 8’0”. I think I’ll wait for a used one at this point, thanks for the help though. A 9’6” just popped up on CL that I would snag but its far too big to fit in my car.
sorry, when I said 'his' I was referring to the VV board that was posted in here...

I'm sure the DR boards are sick too, but if you want a custom one quicker, that will be more affordable, hit max up.

Speak

Jul 17, 2012
USA California
sorry, when I said 'his' I was referring to the VV board that was posted in here...

I'm sure the DR boards are sick too, but if you want a custom one quicker, that will be more affordable, hit max up.

Max is cool as hell and a super board connoisseur. He has a pretty big collection of fryes, halls, etc. Would definitely hit him up for a custom. My next board will actually be a mid length fish from him.

Members online