Davenport surfboards. Got one? Ridden one?

northbeachboy

Aug 16, 2004
USA California
Glad you are enjoying the board Lackosense! I have had a few of Adam's shapes and they all are meticulously crafted and work wonderfully! Unfortunately, I am not surfing due to all kinds of medical issues, but I still have my 9'2 Tatsuo model...Adam is a great guy, super craftsman, and a friend! Here are a few pics of my custom Tatsuo...
IMG_0233.jpg
IMG_0234.jpg
IMG_0235.jpg

icecreamheadache

Jan 14, 2006
Thanks for all the words folks. Muito obrigado. Rob, excellent ride report. Always nice to hear from other big(ger) folks about ride reports. Lil’ twinks have such a different experience than us on their skinny lil’ nine footers. And damn, those are some good looking photos. And Human, I would definitely take you up on the offer of a test drive.

miscreant

May 20, 2016
Surprised no one has mentioned those Phil’s he seems to have his hands on.

TRTFL

Aug 24, 2019
Stuart, Florida
Anyone got any thoughts on Adam Davenport’s shapes? Been seeing more of his logs floating around here and some of ‘em are looking super slick...
Got my Davenport about a month ago, went with a 9'-8" Stepdeck model. Have surfed the board about a dozen times and I'm absolutely blown away on how the board rides. Does everything well, very responsive in turns, locks in on the nose and seems to have a perfect weight to it. Don't know which are boards you're considering, but I'd say Davenport's boards are top tier and would strongly suggest you acquire one, cause I believe it will meet your expectations of a high quality traditionally minded longboard.

Sax-son

Nov 23, 2019
Three Rivers, CA
I use to own a 10' Davenport 4065. Beautiful board but was a little heavy for me. I sold it about 2 years ago. He has a variety of shapes that he offers and is one of those dedicated to the neo classic surfboard construction much like Gene Cooper . His craftsmanship is awesome and one heck of a nice guy.

Planktom

Dec 27, 2016
Devon, UK
Friend also has a Cali Classic and loves it. I've not ridden it, but it's a classy board and to my layman's eye, extremely well made.