D Peto/Unhinged Surfboards... got one?

icecreamheadache

Jan 14, 2006
Hola friends-

Any of yous got/or ridden one of Dane Peterson’s logs? If not, got any hearsay, gossip or other info on ‘em? I’ve been digging what I see online and am curious...

backtail

Jun 11, 2019
Long Beach
I think Alex Knost is a fan if that means anything to you. Just from what ive seen online, I've heard they are good. His peto pig outline looks sweet, Thalia had some but they went quick and for around $1800, oof. don't have much to add here haha

lacaleb

Oct 11, 2020
Los Angeles
I chatted with Dane about them once before. He said Alex Knost rides them pretty heavily, they are buds. Haven’t seen one in person but dig the outline too. He said it’s a slight piggy shape.

hullogfish

Dec 22, 2006
San Diego North
A guy cut dropped in on me at the Oside harbour on one, nice tail shape! His had a poem written on the bottom and was surfing with Kassia Meador, so they must be good. That being said, I want one...

Last edited:

jory

Dec 25, 2005
United Kingdom
This is of limited relevance but......

One of my friends was pretty good mates with Dane when he lived in noosa. My friend is a talented shaper and made me a log using templates he took from Danes boards over there. Dane had an two boards shaped by a Japanese guy under the revolution label, an avocado one and a purple one. Plenty of footage of him surfing them. They were Danes fave boards ever

My version is a great board and it’s been the board that’s shaped my logging direction over the past 6 or 7 years. It’s pretty similar to the peto pig in foil and outline as far as I can see.

The unhinged boards look like they surf great from the limited footage I’ve seen. I’d sure be tempted if I was in ca

NateB

Jul 28, 2020
Laguna beach
Chatted with Dane a while back about ordering a board which I didn’t end up getting, too much overlap with what I have right now. His boards are really dope, I felt them up at Thalia when they were on stock.

here’s Devon ripping one...