Custom Pig

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by jonbiz, Aug 4, 2019.

1. jonbiz

jonbiz Active Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Wilmington NC
    Finally going to pull the trigger on one. I would like one as close OGs as possible. I know Bing and Pieter in AUS. Who else? Any others out there I should look at?

2. davey

davey Active Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Australia
    20190805_122719.jpg Michel Junod was making some fine pigs..

Bru, DJR and jonbiz like this.
  3. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016
    I’d contact Steve Brom as well. He can shape one true to period.

Pieter’s are spot on. Second to none. Although he is in Australia, by the time he ships it to you (packed amazingly well) , the cost is comparable to anything you’d get of remotely similar quality here. The turn around time is probably quicker than anything custom you can get of remotely comparable quality here. He and Kim do it all by themselves. You will not be able to find anyone that is easier to deal with than Pieter.

Roach, DJR, jbb and 2 others like this.
  4. Lektriz

Lektriz Member

Mar 15, 2017
    Finland
    Pieter and Kim Stockert hands down!

Non stop direct contact with shaper through the whole process.

Very competetive prizing and absolutely stressfree bulletprooof packaging/shipping.

Pieter listened too my specefic needs and made me an amazing pig at a record turnaround time.

Pieter is no hipster shaper with a trendy website he is the real deal.

20190805_085850.jpg

20190805_085940.jpg

20190805_085752.jpg

IMG_0907.JPG

I have not surfed Marcs pig's, but mr Andreini was an absolute pleassure to do buisness with and his Mcvee is also a magic board.

20190805_090034.jpg

Roach, miscreant and jonbiz like this.
  5. Tlri

Tlri Active Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Rhode island
    Got to throw Jim Phillips name in the mix.
    I think he’s shaped a couple pigs.

DJR, DKNJ, JTS and 2 others like this.
  6. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    ^ I love mine.

JTS likes this.
  7. Basenji703

Basenji703 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Virginia Beach, VA
    @Roadmaster may have some ideas concerning JP pigs.

8. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016
    Y’all did see the phrase “ as close to the OGs as possible “ right?

9. Roadmaster

Roadmaster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2015
    USA Virginia
    I think with a pig you have to know what you want from the board. Do you want to go old school with almost no rocker and a big D fin right on the tail or a more modern version of a traditional pig template. I do not think a no rocker pig would be the best choice for the east coast, just too hard to ride on short peaky wind swell surf that is the norm on the east coast. I would like an old school pig for west coast waves, it would be fun and a challenge to ride well. For the east coast a more user friendly modern pig works for me, my Phillips is and excellent board and will never be sold. They can push me out Viking style some day on that board, when I pass.

For a good pig the west coast is the place, at least 5 top shapers out there shape a lot of pigs in all variations. Here on the east coast not enough shapers do
    more then 1 or 2 pigs a year. Ricky Carroll has the ability but does not really focus on pigs but he makes a good board in general. If I wanted another pig I would go to Jim Phillips first, Bing second, I know I can trust either to shape a nice board with excellent build quality.

Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 5.06.44 PM copy.png

10. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Miscreant and others have me sold on the Pieter experience. Think I would opt for the 60’s version for the reasons stated above. Maybe I’ll get a chance to try one when my Wife and I go to San Diego at the end of Sept. Looking forward to it.

Roach, DJR and miscreant like this.