COVID-19

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by michael, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Spritzer

Spritzer Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2019
    Virginia Beach
    I don't believe he shut down social security, although, he did say if reelected he would attempt to terminate the tax. And as of now, the social security taxes are just being deferred until 2021, when they have to be repaid, unless they are forgiven.

what about big business assistance, should that be terminated?

cheyneskeezer likes this.
  2. SdSurferguy

SdSurferguy Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    USA
    No, they are too big to fail and plus that would take a big hit out of my 401k (which is what I rely on for retirement as I detest SS and don't support government handouts).

3. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    Thank you for taking the time to rationally speak your mind in a very intelligent and straightforward manner.
    Your last two posts were really great to read and echo verbatim what has been going through my mind.

"when in reality If we all got together at a bbq we would have a lot In common and have a good time. "

In the spirit of this statement allow me to reciprocate with this-

4. cheyneskeezer

cheyneskeezer Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    Long Beach CA
    Sometimes my slight ocd/ mild autistic nature make it hard to stay on topic or write a paragraph that makes sense as a whole.... but I think the message was clear we need to stop feeding into the left right BS and extremes and come to a understanding that they are playing us like fools.

cheers to good beer good boards and good waves

5. NCJohn

NCJohn Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Wilmington, NC
    Those safety nets are the legacy of presidents with far greater vision and intelligence than the child currently occupying the office. They benefit the individual but they understood there was a benefit to society as well.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  6. ekim

ekim Active Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Wow. Get rid of social security? My mom paid into this her whole life working two jobs and raising me as a single parent and you want to get rid of it? Gravy train huh!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  7. ekim

ekim Active Member

Oct 14, 2015

8. cheyneskeezer

cheyneskeezer Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    Long Beach CA
    Once again

I was simply stating I never planned on getting SS as it seems to be have warned for my entire working life that one day it’ll be gone. Would love it but don’t bank on it. I’ve paid my fair share and then some with all the OT I work. And still owe at the end of the year.

9. dingpatch

dingpatch Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Florida USA
    And now, , , , for something that is perhaps more important than any of our ramblings and rants, , , , ,

>

10. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    LOL. Right.

SdSurferguy likes this.