COVID-19

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by michael, Mar 3, 2020.

1. michael

michael Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
    For the full time job jammers:

How many people dropping dead in your general area will it take for you to say ‘f it’ and just go surfing every day ?

If people start dropping like flies society won’t quite be on “walking dead” rules but we can’t still be on regular society rules right?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    BrazilButtNut likes this.
  2. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    I've already decided that if I'm on the 'self-isolation' program, it's okay to slip out to go surfing because I usually come in close contact with zero people.

In all seriousness, I am carefully watching the situation and wondering when it is appropriate to request the ability to work remotely. Being that my wife is immunosuppressed, she falls into the higher risk "pre-existing condition" category. Not worth the risk coming into a germy office and possibly bringing something home for her to catch if I can reasonably and adequately do my job from home.

walkingtheplank, Driftwood and T-Bone like this.
  3. Spritzer

Spritzer Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2019
    Virginia Beach
    I'm in the military, my position is manned literally 24/7 365 days a year no matter what is going on, rain, snow, hurricane, etc.. I figure I'd just be told bring some clothes to work and be quarantined until the end of time. Gross.

walkingtheplank and DJR like this.
  4. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016
  5. SDBoardHoarder

SDBoardHoarder Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2018
    San Diego
    I was wrong, sh*ts real. Stay safe, you tube has a ton of sweet surf vids. See y’all on the other side.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  6. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Surfing is safe. But the CDC recommends "social avoidance" which I already practice. I'm way out front on this!

7. T-Bone

T-Bone Active Member

In my case, I am required to be here and am required to enter the homes of potentially infected people, regardless of the illness, flu, COVID 19, anything else you can think of. So I’ll wash my hands try to take care of my immune system and pray for the best.

Artz, Tenfooter and Chilly Willy like this.
  8. strez

strez Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Hamilton, Massachusetts
    I work at a institution of higher ed with folks from all over the world, but I have have life insurance. I'm with Chilly, "why would I go to the office when I can reasonably and adequately do my job from the beach?"

T-Bone likes this.
  9. dingpatch

dingpatch Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Florida USA
    I don't have a job and otherwise had to turn down an offer in January because of all the Doctor visits and such, , , .

I can't surf as long as I have this friggin chemo port in my chest, , , , I only get to surf the internet!

And now, with me having MDS, my White Count is only 1.0. The "normal range" is 4.2 to 10.3! So, and as such, I'm not supposed to go ANYWHERE! The VA has told me that if I get a fever or otherwise "don't feel good" to give them a "notice" call and go straight to an Emergency Department. But, I am going to go to the liquor store and get a big bottle of mid-grade tequila.

10. SdSurferguy

SdSurferguy Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    USA
    I remember surfing Windansea during the SARS epidemic and Bill Andrews asking me if I was infected (I cough a lot due to cold air asthma during early morning sessions). That still brings a smile to my face. "The hell is wrong with you? You have SARS or something?"

I'm planning to spend my quarantine days at the beach for sure.

Tenfooter and Roach like this.