COVID-19 Who had/has it?

paipodude

Oct 27, 2019
Maryland, or By-the-Sea
There are tons of unknowns about the effect and damage of SARS-CoV-2. So much of the focus has been responding to the ongoing pandemic health crisis. Indications are that the virus can adversely affect the vital organs for people of all ages, including asymptomatic individuals. There is emerging data on age, race, comorbidities such as hypertension or diabetes. But the knowledge base is like top of the 1st inning.

nedsurf

Jan 22, 2005
Yup - It's actually unnerving how much science doesn't know about this virus. Countless changes in direction/recommendations don't instill a lot of confidence in the public. Seems to be a worldwide issue, we are evidently still early on the learning curve.

Makawaosurfer93

Feb 15, 2007
USA New Jersey
My 2 cents

- I hope you recover soon
- my worst daily struggle is to fight every single day many of my ignorant friends I have , many of them physicians
Their saying “ is just a flu , fever and aches”
Well, every minute a sucker is born
- I’m in no way a chicken shit at all
Amd only fear a few things in life
This morherfucker virus is one of them
Not until someone you know / love dies you realize this crap is real and is a bad ass killer
Spares NO one
- yes, the 85 y old obese with COPD , obstructive sleep apnea , cirrhosis , etc will last as much as a fart in a basket.
But I seen too many “ healthy” 40 y old going in flames
And once I put the endotracheal tube in them, is a death sentence .
So how can I go out and tell the young kids he has that he will
Die ?
Is a fucked up world. I feel like the guy who puts the rope against your neck .
doing something to save you , because you are blue and can’t breath anymore , but we all know is the end of it .
- so ....
To avoid political fights ,let’s say this
Now you have ZERO protection against this mf, unless you got the vaccine .
Or unless you live alone secluded in an island .
And now
You have the chance to get the vaccine .
fucking get it !!!
Don’t be that retard that says
Well , it has a microchip that the government can
Follow me ( they already follow
You with social
Media)
Well, it can give me autoimmune disease ( you can
Choose to die instead)
Amd
So many excuses
Get the fucking vaccine , is a no brainer
Here in CT they started with 75 and older
Now 65
Hopefully someday is gonna be free for all

- as far as your follow up
Ask
Your doctor that before you resume surfing or exercising to have an echocardiogram
This virus may affect your heart and you have no clue until
You out it to stress
And you end up dead
I’ve seen it too frequent
And whenever something is “ off”
Please go
To The doctor
Don’t settle for
What they say , if you are
Not comfortable , ask for a chest CT to see the extent of the damage
Ask him if you need to be on steroids , antibiotics or even anticoagulation
The thromboembolic complications of this shit can be fatal.

- but please don’t stop surfing
Imho it is still
One of the safest activities we can
Do
No after surf parties, and you ll be good
Stay safe
Viva Mexico carajo !
Thanks for the reply. As far as the follow up from my doctor, he did an EKG and it was good. He did not prescribe antibiotics, but did prescribe Brio, which I believe is a steroid for the lungs to aid in breathing. I have not used it and have started to walk on the treadmill as of yesterday, taking it easy of course. So far so good. We have an Oximeter ands O2 levels have always been good during this time.
I appreciate everyones input so far. This helps.

paipodude

Oct 27, 2019
Maryland, or By-the-Sea
Maka, you have a tall mountain to climb but it sounds like you have the core ingredients to make that climb. The saying about individualized treatment plans has never been more important because SARS-CoV-2 has so many permutations.

Makawaosurfer93

Feb 15, 2007
USA New Jersey
Ha. Wise up. Science vs Dotard = 500,000 dead. That orange mango MAGA god ignored science because it did not fit his personal political agenda. The history of the United States ass backward response to this deadly virus is and will always be political.
Veterano,
While I appreciate your thoughts here, I am trying to stay away from the political views, but I also understand that we are all adults and don't want to infringe on your right to express your thoughts. The idea of the thread was to ask how others are dealing with this insidious virus and what they're doing to get back to some semblance of a normal life.

Thanks

T-Bone

Apr 7, 2005
USA - Beachwood, New Jersey
Sorry to hear you are having some lingering effects Dave. A few younger people I know who contracted it had mild symptoms & fully recovered in the 2 to 3 week time frame. A cousin in the 50yr old age bracket had lingering issues, breathing, fatigue, and overall weakness that started to get better at the 6 to 8 week mark (roughly 8 weeks from the positive test result, and 6 weeks from a negative result)
Hope things start to make that upward turn for you very soon.
I had both doses of the Moderna vaccine (given through work, not required but Highly recommended). 1st was ok, 24hrs after the 2nd, felt like I got beat up for about 6hrs. (Complete flu type symptoms) Went to bed and felt ok when I woke up.

zippy

Mar 24, 2008
USA New Jersey
Had Covid-19 last spring also. 103 fever for 10-12 days. Lost sense of smell and taste. After nine days of 103 fever, took doctors advice and went to emergency room, where they x-rayed and tested me and sent me home with anabiotic prescription. Doctor said as long as I can hold my breath for 10 seconds I’m OK to stay home. I could barely hold my breath for 10 seconds but came through OK.
I couldn’t wait to get out of the house and into the fresh spring air, I went surfing and bike riding and took baby aspirin every day. The county nurse called to track my recovery and said it was OK to go out after 72 hours without fever reducers or any other meds.
Stay hydrated! I forced myself to eat.