County Line, really?

T

tuskedbeast

A teenage favorite, some nice memories. Haven't surfed there in over 40 years, in 2021, is this guy correct?

MASErides

Nov 18, 2020
Long Beach, CA
Not my experience at all. Never had a problem with any surfer in the water. Never encountered any problems when out of the water chilling on the beach or up on that cliff parking. Never had a problem with any bikers. Pretty mellow in my opinion and people keep to their groups I'd say.

T

tuskedbeast

I thought not. The man does some kind on site beach survey, and I suspect he approached a couple of unfriendly people and got a sour impression.

Also can't quite square a place with no one (exactly quite) living there having "locals" to practice localism.

Bruce Fowler

Jul 28, 2018
California
A teenage favorite, some nice memories. Haven't surfed there in over 40 years, in 2021, is this guy correct?

I've NEVER seen it good there.... of course that being said, if the sand & swell direction is right, or peaky wind swell, "every dog has its day".

Nice spot, but still a ZUMA WANNABE........ JUST MHO.

T

tuskedbeast

Haha! It's a B grade spot for sure. I absolutely loved the North LA County ocean, glass, offshore, kelp... and have gotten some gorgeous waves there. Way long ago.
I'm sure you were off to A grade spots when I was happily dog paddling there :)

pintail

Feb 19, 2004
LA, California
Utter nonsense. Not at all localized. Surfed there many times, never seen anyone get hassled for anything, except once for grabbing a parking spot that someone else was going for on a crowded day.