coming at us faster and faster...

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Surfnfish, Aug 3, 2019.

1. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    A bureaucracy will never operate with efficiency. Will always stumble and bumble through solutions at high cost and low value/quality for dollars spent. My view.

2. waaahoo

waaahoo Active Member

May 2, 2007
    I would argue that the government is - and has been - overreaching in far more dangerous ways than a carbon tax but that is a different subject than the earth warming. And as I said, someone is always going to make money and the winners and losers will all end up buried in the same ground.

I live on a barrier island. I don't have to trust the oil or the solar salesmen because I can see the effects with my own eyes and common sense will tell you that the earth does not have an infinite carrying capacity or the ability to endlessly absorb our waste.

My question to you remains: What's the worst that could happen if we take steps to reduce are carbon footprint? Tell me what you think it is and we'll compare it to the predictions of what will happen if we don't.

And post up some debunking videos. You've obviously watched a few. Pick out the best ones you've seen for us.

davey, Andrew Johnson and sightpoint like this.
  3. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
    Here’s a perfect example
    https://amp.desertsun.com/amp/1901157001

4. waaahoo

waaahoo Active Member

May 2, 2007
    “The best government is that which governs least.” :)

dingpatch likes this.
  5. unforgiven

unforgiven Member

May 10, 2006
    You guys are not 9 yrs old...look up your own video...there are plenty.
    As for the "worst" thing that can happen with a policy like the green new deal?
    Economic collapse? Wouldn't be too far of a reach.

6. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016
    This thread is of a 9 year old psychology though.

Just picture it out by a swing set:

Kid 1: “I can think of the biggest number ! “

Kid 1’s friend: “yup, you sure can! I remember you said that GIANT number the other day!”

Kid 1’s other friend: “yeah, I remember Sally telling me about that number you thought of, that was really really big!”

Kid 1’s other friend’s friend: “that was him! ( at this point kid 1’s other friend’s friend is referring to kid 1’s other friend, pointing at kid 1 ) I heard about that too! Gee whiz! That was a really really big number”

Kid 2: walks up....“what are y’all talking about?”

Kid 1: “ I can think of the biggest number.”

Kid 2: “ no, you can’t”

Kid 1’s other friend’s friend: “yes he can! He said it the other day!! Jerk!”

Kid 2: “I’m feeling triggered that you used a derogatory term to reference my character”

Bighouse and shadydave like this.
  7. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Devils Lake, Oregon Coast
    sure, we should be spending our time on something far more important, like how you stubbed your toe...

snideness is not a particularly admirable trait

davey, deemce, ekim and 2 others like this.
  8. MrTips

MrTips New Member

May 3, 2019
    Philadelphia
    So pick your favorite and most credible vid and post it. That's not unreasonable.

Economic collapse or environmental collapse: which would you rather take your chances with?

waaahoo likes this.
  9. miscreant

May 20, 2016
    Kid 3: “i’m Going to tell Mrs Snortelwhacker y’all are fighting!”

10. miscreant

May 20, 2016
    Surfnfish,

I think your misusing the word “snideness”. My statements haven’t been malicious, derogatory, or ironic.

I did get some helpful advice regarding stubbed toes.

I’ve been walking backwards for days. It was weird at first. Now I’m kind of digging it.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019