coming at us faster and faster...

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Surfnfish, Aug 3, 2019.

1. dingpatch

dingpatch Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Florida USA
    I do agree with Driftwood. But, for our purposes here and now, every little detail would require pages of discussion. We are pretty much to the point of No Return. Perhaps there should be much more discussion on what we should be doing to "adapt" to what is to come.

2. waaahoo

waaahoo Active Member

May 2, 2007
    The scary thing is the demographics of the world and the billions of people striving to match the West's heavy CO2 lifestyle.

hankster likes this.
  3. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Devils Lake, Oregon Coast
    yep..no different then Slater flying on a private jet to Bali and then chartering a helicopter into G-Land...

our buying power surpasses all the other nations...tell them to Green up or lose our markets, their going to do just that...and China is about to go over a cliff economically...the Yuan is so propped up it's ridiculous..

the tipping point used to be 20 years out, then 15, then 10, now some say 5....folks need to wake up and get their heads out of their dogmatic ass...

Driftwood and Dawnpatrol like this.
  4. Artz

Artz Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Florida
    China has launched a program to end it’s use of coal fired Plants. That one of the reasons behind the 3 coal producers going Bankrupt here in the US. I’m not sure about India so won’t comment.
    Europe has been on a going to renewables for many year now. Norway has a program to have all electric cars in a few years.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    sightpoint likes this.
  5. Makawaosurfer93

Makawaosurfer93 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2007
    USA New Jersey
    The 1%'ers that follow the Orange Bozo in the Whitehouse are the sheep that are climate deniers since it will adversely affect their $$. As for the other's in his base, I really can't figure out why they continue to believe his conman pitch.

Dawnpatrol, sightpoint, ekim and 3 others like this.
  6. unforgiven

unforgiven Member

May 10, 2006
    The sky is falling.... Not.

7. waaahoo

waaahoo Active Member

May 2, 2007
    Surfnfish likes this.
  8. Lektriz

Lektriz Member

Mar 15, 2017
    Finland
    The that pisses me off the most is the illusion that you can consume your way out of this. "Keep buying shit you dont need, as long as it's manufactured in a green way and the planet will be saved!".

The missconception that manufacutring a new electrical car from scratch would have less impact on the climate then keeping an old indestructable diesel volvo/mercedes from the 80's running is a joke!

And all the focus is on the temperature and carbon emmissions and we still think it's ok to chop down the amazon to get more beef or empty the worls oceans on fish to feed salmon!

I live in a place were the ocean is still receeding every year as a result from the last ice age, so we will not feel the efects of melting ice sheets like the rest if the world, until the gulf stream shuts down or mediteranian climate turns into north Africa.

9. Fishface

Fishface Active Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Del Mar,CA
    hitler-esque. not cool. take a deep look at what you said and what has happened in history's past and what is happening in todays communist/totalitarian regimes.

i guess you like surfing at gas chambers bruhhhh

10. Planktom

Planktom Active Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Devon, UK
    Why not speak about politics on a surf forum? What's the fear?

It's already pretty well established that farting around with the minutae of our own personal lives is now unlikely to have the sway needed to preserve our environmental position - its about systems and how we interact with one another.

The push to create surplus, to grow/make/mine more than what we need is what needs to change. However, the concept of undermining capitalist ideology on such a large scale is just insurmountable to most people and even disgusts some people to the point that they see it as a leftist conspiracy, as we are taught to see a dumbed-down, polar political system as the only status quo.

What is really scary is the success of media in making us wary of any factual information, the rise of the 'fake news' double bluff... We believe what we want to hear.