CL Deals NorCal

Lustro

Jul 25, 2021
San Carlos, CA
Anyone ridden his boards? I’ve seen them on CL for a couple years but never heard any first hand experiences
Wondering the same thing. I've asked online and heard conflicting views. Common thread: most people that replied had no actual experience with the boards and were just going on hearsay. I live in the area and don't think I've ever seen any of these IRL.

One thing that struck me when I emailed him is that he's very professional and responsive--a far cry from many of the other shapers I've contacted. He's affiliated with JZ Surfboards (another outfit I'm wondering about) I believe.

nineohtoo

Apr 13, 2021
Pacifica, CA
I haven't rode any of Judah Dune's boards, but I've seen him around and have talked to him in the Calee Factory where he works and have felt up a few, ranging from his Ghost and Machado clones, to a Vaquero clone that all looked decent but I never got to see any of them in action. Although I did see a grom ride one of his ITP clones pretty well at the Jetty one morning.

As far as I can tell, he's the typical local shaper who makes affordable clones of more popular boards. From what I've seen they were glassed pretty well and not victim to the sand throughs or other obvious imperfections I've been seeing on off the rack boards. Seems like a nice enough to dude who is easy to work with, just don't expect to talk displacement theory or bonzer magic with him.

Tenderloin Tom

Jan 2, 2017
Daly City , California
Anyone ridden his boards? I’ve seen them on CL for a couple years but never heard any first hand experiences

I haven't rode any of Judah Dune's boards, but I've seen him around and have talked to him in the Calee Factory where he works and have felt up a few, ranging from his Ghost and Machado clones, to a Vaquero clone that all looked decent but I never got to see any of them in action. Although I did see a grom ride one of his ITP clones pretty well at the Jetty one morning.

As far as I can tell, he's the typical local shaper who makes affordable clones of more popular boards. From what I've seen they were glassed pretty well and not victim to the sand throughs or other obvious imperfections I've been seeing on off the rack boards. Seems like a nice enough to dude who is easy to work with, just don't expect to talk displacement theory or bonzer magic with him.
i have a buddy that’s rips on one.most are made in the calee factory. He is more a glasser that shapes also with a good mentor Casey. He got really good at polishing them up. Good dude, exchanged messages awhile ago about glassing fins on