CL Deals NorCal

kpd73

May 8, 2013
USA Rhode Island
That Brom is Legit. Talked with the dude a year or so back about it and did some research. I found the board somewhere in Broms history when it was made and saw it new looking exactly like that- not refurbished. Chris Fallon is also legit and has glassed everything from Brom to Campbell Brothers.
The board itself is more HP twin then it is mega fish- foiled rails etc. I would have to dig through some old emails for the dims but pure mega fish it ain't. High aspect fins and wing swallow though could make for some high speed fun for the right dude on the right day.
This board has been passed around plenty. Dude I talked to last year got it used from a surf shop in Santa Cruz. Makes this guy selling now the 3rd, 4th owner?
Good luck if you're interested, but it's for real cosmetic, not whipped and restored.

surflax

Mar 11, 2007
USA Pennsylvania
I remember seeing a Zeph IsIs done in the same manner. Thought it was pretty funny to have it finished like that. Certainly would get some crazy looks in the parking lot and the walk down to the lineup...

surfore

Mar 2, 2004
USA California
Bump for Brom. He makes really fast fish.

I remember a Takayama longboard done in the mid to late 90's in that same well surfed airbrush for a guy who wanted to disguise a new board purchase from his wife. I think it had a small feature in Longboard mag.

SharkB8

Sep 21, 2011
USA Virginia
Austin had a customer with the same request. I remember seeing it in the shop and thinking "ya honey it was a cheap deal on Craigslist!" Just before he closed his doors we were talking about how to add patina to make a new board brown out. Patina became the hipster thing so I gave up.

Surfnfish

Feb 6, 2015
PNW between here and there
now that really is hilarious.."and I want you to airbrush this board so it looks like a hammered piece of ...."

Gotta wonder what his car looks like.."and I put these dents in using a sledgehammer, those with a Louisville Slugger"..lol

Wade In The Waves

Mar 23, 2012
USA Watkinsville, GA
It reminds me of a Saturday Night live skit commercial from the 80's or early 90's (before it turned to crap and not funny), of a luxury car that was beat to hell on the outside, but nothing but the best on the inside. It was supposed to keep you safe in bad areas, since no one suspected it was luxury.