Cj Nelson Boards.

Artz

Nov 22, 2018
Florida
I am a wannabe infulancer. How can I demand that Firewire give me a new CJ parallax board if this tread stalls at page 90! Come on people I need to hit 100 pages!
It might help if you say I bought a brand spanking new Thundebolt after reading this thread. I don’t care if you lie. After all JC will be forgivin.

Ricksurfin

Jun 9, 2019
San Clemente, CA
Team C fukin’ J.
Love my Parallax, but the deck looks like the surface of the moon. Pretty soon I won’t even need to wax the custom textured deck.
Just pushing the pages.

Surfnfish

Feb 6, 2015
PNW between here and there
so f'n proud to help this thread towards 100...
1634054424265.png

Bodhi

Aug 6, 2018
RI
So is the damage only in the brushed surface and not the usual glass works they typically use?

Ricksurfin

Jun 9, 2019
San Clemente, CA
I’ve had a few Thunderbolts, and they’ve all held up well except this one. This board is the Xenon finish or whatever they cal it, the others weren’t. When Firewire checked out the deck, they said it was normal wear and tear. If it’s normal, why didn’t it happen on the other boards? Not real happy with their customer service. Love the design, not happy with the construction on this one.

Artz

Nov 22, 2018
Florida
My theory is this. Firewire got some cheap blanks. The bean counters were thinking they can pocket a few extra bucks per board. Bean counters think in terms of short term profits. The cheap foam is shrinking under the thundebolt glass job. The hard shell isn’t supported like it should be. Maybe you should reach out to Yusumitomott. or even CJ Nelson. I like the tech , but getting a monster big business to admit a screw up isn’t going to be easy.
Rick your mantra For the day is “Be the squeaky wheel“

Ricksurfin

Jun 9, 2019
San Clemente, CA
Nah, I’ll just surf it until it falls apart. Not worth the frustration to me.
Not buying another though as I really take care of my boards and don’t like to see my investment turn to crap. Buyer beware.