Cj Nelson Boards.

Surfer dude

Aug 16, 2021
New Zealand
Hi guys, just following on from a previous thread.
I purchased the 9'5 neo classic and I think it goes amazing.
It is similar to the 9'3 parallax but carves quicker when u need the board to swing around. I had an 8inch fin which made turning very responsive so will try with a 9'5 Christensen or parralax next time. Bigger fin shld help with some tip time too as I like how the nose curves up. I think the Parallax is more rolled underneath than the neo.
It paddles gud like the parralax up front and doesn't seem to pearl, I just had to push down, get forward on the board as it was hightide and lully.
I recommend the neo as it has good weight, can get into waves quickly and go likity split down the line. Luving the blue color with white chevron.
Highly recommend.

Highly recommend as great board like the Parallax

West81

Jun 28, 2021
Hollandia
Those dents look weird. Havent seen it on any of my boards.

Personally I dont like the Thunderbolt brushed technology. First thing that came to mind when I read about that tech with the microbeads was they where trying to save on epoxy.

I had a Colapintal in brushed carbon that snapped in half. My cream colored 9'3 Parallax recently washed onto the jetty after a leash failure and had only very minor damage.

I also have a 9'11 silver Guerrero that was made in Japan with the fancy Texalium cloth. That one is like brand new when I clean it properly, and its seen a lot of action for the past two years.

Out of curiosity, are all those boards with the dents in that brushed laminate?

SeniorGrom

Mar 20, 2012
USA New Jersey
Be careful making a commitment in writing. You may be issued a subpoena to testify in a hearing. I believe there is an investigation into poorly constructed Nelson boards.

Then start a class action lawsuit with JC Nelson named as the defendant.

Last edited:

Artz

Nov 22, 2018
Florida
Be careful making a commitment in writing. You may be issued a subpoena to testify in a hearing. I believe there is an investigation into poorly constructed Nelson boards.

Then start a class action lawsuit with JC Nelson named as the defendant.
Go for the deep Pockets. Class action against Firewire.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJR

Ricksurfin

Jun 9, 2019
San Clemente, CA
Those dents look weird. Havent seen it on any of my boards.

Personally I dont like the Thunderbolt brushed technology. First thing that came to mind when I read about that tech with the microbeads was they where trying to save on epoxy.

I had a Colapintal in brushed carbon that snapped in half. My cream colored 9'3 Parallax recently washed onto the jetty after a leash failure and had only very minor damage.

I also have a 9'11 silver Guerrero that was made in Japan with the fancy Texalium cloth. That one is like brand new when I clean it properly, and its seen a lot of action for the past two years.

Out of curiosity, are all those boards with the dents in that brushed laminate?
I’d never buy a Thunderbolt “Brushed” finish again. It’s an inferior product to their other offerings. I love the way the board surfs, but hate the way it’s holding up.