Cj Nelson Boards.

Silver Surfer

Sep 1, 2020
Seal Beach, CA
No, board kept in bag when not surfing, and not kept in a hot car ever.
Its definitely not a normal pressure pattern, all the pressures are very small and deck looks like alligator skin. Also, a lot of the pressures are in the form of a straight line approx 3/4”-1” long. I’ve never seen pressures like this on any other board ever. Have no idea what have made them.
@Ricksurfin same thing going on with my 9’9 Parallax tb red that I’ve been surfing for a few months now. Weird straight line dents also. Normal riding. Don’t have these on other boards I own. I just purchased a new 9’3 parallax so will monitor that closely now to compare. I wonder if the heavier thunderbolts have this same issue.

Ricksurfin

Jun 9, 2019
San Clemente, CA
Well that sucks and I'm glad you posted about it. There we have an example of the predicted negative outcome of the mass manufacturing side of this endless thundercat debate. Can't say I'm surprised, just bummed, especially at the response from Firewire. Doesn't sound like normal wear and tear to me, especially since you have other boards to compare it too. Sounds like your gonna try to forget about it and just keep enjoying how it rides. Wish I was as good at letting go of things like that.
Cant be too bummed, as the board just surfs so well. Just disappointed with the durability.

Driftwood

Dec 2, 2014
France
I think you can be bummed if there's a production problem that's not being addressed, especially with all the hype about durability and quality control. The least a company can do is have a rep take you seriously and offer an explanation that doesn't sound like lawyerspeak dodging.

Glad you like the way it rides though, fun surfboards are just out of this world.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJR

Ricksurfin

Jun 9, 2019
San Clemente, CA
I know the company representative personally, and he is a super guy. His opinion was that it was just normal wear and tear, and I do respect his opinion. My concern is that if it is truly what is considered normal wear and tear for this type of construction, the construction isn’t nearly as good as has been hyped. For a company that claims to make a sustainable product, this construction will fall very short of that.

SeniorGrom

Mar 20, 2012
USA New Jersey
Rick you most likely have enough industry connections that you should continue to pursue a remedy. There must be a chain of command where someone will listen and focus on your legitimate issue.

We need to hear from each and every member on this subject because until now these models and types of construction received so much praise. Probably just a clunker but if so the board needs to be replaced by the factory under warranty.

I just thought of a new model name.........”The Paradox”

waveslider

Jun 3, 2005
USA California
Post a picture of said damage on Instagram then tag every person affiliated with FireWire, Kelly and CJ included, and then tag beachgrit and the rest of the industry. That seems to be the only way to get people to pay attention these days. *Normal wear and tear of “sustainable surfing board” or inferior overseas production? You be the judge.* #thunderthunderthundercatsho #unsustainablesurfboard #glasssoflatyoucanseeitfromthefront #liarwiresurfboards #thefutureunderyourlandfill #thunderDoltsurfboards

fluidworks

Dec 1, 2019
San Luis Obispo, CA
I just stripped the wax off my parallax since I’m getting ready to sell soon, and luckily my deck looks great. A handful of smaller ones where my back heel usually smacks, but otherwise the deck is clean.

Meanwhile the neo classic I’ve had over a year and a half has absolutely zero pressure dents. The silver thunderbolt is definitely the jam for a non-PU board.

Last edited: