Cj Nelson Boards.

SMUKES

Jun 23, 2009
USA California
I know I’m a new jammer, so obviously I don’t have any clout, but it seems as though this thread has been a little hijacked and that a fair number of words have been spent in an unwinnable battle. I really appreciate the technical info that ShipFixer has contributed, and I guess he shared his knowledge because of others poo pooing Yu San’s tech, but I seriously don’t understand continuing on debating the merits of CJ’s boards with folks that have never ridden them or have any interest in riding them. Sure it’s important to argue about the environmental issues with the construction as well as the problems with the Chinese manufacturing/shipping and the disappointing acquisition by Firewire, but again I doubt anyone on this forum takes all those kinds of factors into account in making most of their various purchasing decisions. But hey maybe you do and then, well you’re a better man than me.

None of the shapers that I have any interest in getting boards from are losing customers to the Thundercats. They are all booked out 4 months to a year. So let’s not kid ourselves and say that they aren’t getting enough support.

For those coming to this thread late, you will read posts from people that own and ride CJs boards and have good things to say about them. You will see many posts from people that have never ridden them yet repeatedly mock the technology and voice their negative opinion of them. Add me to the list of owners who will still buy and ride custom PU boards but can’t deny the fact that my 9’9” Parallax is a ridiculously fun piece of equipment.

Like a wise man once said, I frickin love this board…Thundercats Ho!
For those coming to this post late, or otherwise, you'll realize this is an internet forum where people discuss surfboards from time to time.

miscreant

May 20, 2016
I know I’m a new jammer, so obviously I don’t have any clout, but it seems as though this thread has been a little hijacked and that a fair number of words have been spent in an unwinnable battle. I really appreciate the technical info that ShipFixer has contributed, and I guess he shared his knowledge because of others poo pooing Yu San’s tech, but I seriously don’t understand continuing on debating the merits of CJ’s boards with folks that have never ridden them or have any interest in riding them. Sure it’s important to argue about the environmental issues with the construction as well as the problems with the Chinese manufacturing/shipping and the disappointing acquisition by Firewire, but again I doubt anyone on this forum takes all those kinds of factors into account in making most of their various purchasing decisions. But hey maybe you do and then, well you’re a better man than me.

None of the shapers that I have any interest in getting boards from are losing customers to the Thundercats. They are all booked out 4 months to a year. So let’s not kid ourselves and say that they aren’t getting enough support.

For those coming to this thread late, you will read posts from people that own and ride CJs boards and have good things to say about them. You will see many posts from people that have never ridden them yet repeatedly mock the technology and voice their negative opinion of them. Add me to the list of owners who will still buy and ride custom PU boards but can’t deny the fact that my 9’9” Parallax is a ridiculously fun piece of equipment.

Like a wise man once said, I frickin love this board…Thundercats Ho!
snarf

ShipFixer

May 31, 2021
San Diego
Yeah, I’ll get the ride report in before my too Senile.
How long of a wait time did they give you? I ordered in January or February. Was supposed to be a March delivery, or in line with their usual full-build timeline (11+ weeks). Then it turned into April, then May, etc. I think my board was waiting in US waters for a spot in a dock here for at least a month.

No complaints about those I bought the board from, or Carve, etc. The extended wait times are hitting my other hobbies and motorcycle-fixing just as hard... :confused:

Artz

Nov 22, 2018
Florida
I was given about 60 days or so for the board to hit the shop.
I just bought a used CJ Nelson Crime surfboard the evolution model looks like a fun board. Can’t find a Crime soft top anywhere on the East Coast. A jammer moved to Florida from California. He bought the board there but has a few other Boards He likes better. He got some Benjamin’s I got a Board.