Cj Nelson Boards.

jory

Dec 25, 2005
United Kingdom
I hope there's a updated version of the apex I wanted one but I like involvement logs but the apex cj say is more his high performance longboard this makes no sense to a true involvement logger
Not sure what you mean here? The apex is very much an involvement style log. He means it’s “high performance in comparison to a full on traditional noserider like the sprout but it’s still a single fin traditional style board.

It’s not “high performance in the sense of the old “hi pro” 3 fin longboards

heavymetalshop

Nov 29, 2020
405/101/10
I hope there's a updated version of the apex I wanted one but I like involvement logs but the apex cj say is more his high performance longboard this makes no sense to a true involvement logger
That clip is very involved surfing (shredding) imo. Note: buying the board won’t make you surf like that. Only years of water time will.

jory

Dec 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Yes true, however a involvement log should be wsl compliant hard edges is cj idea I like boards that my idol pros use and that are fully compliant to regulations not a refurbished updated idea that's only cj has come up with not the rest of the involvement loggers/ shapers
There’s nothing in the wsl rules about a boards rails, it just says that the boards should be “traditional Malibu shape” I think you will find that quite a few of the top wsl competitors have some edge in their rails on the tail. It’s definately the way that cutting edge log design is moving as the judging is rewarding engaged rail surfing as well as noseriding.

xaaronx

Jun 12, 2021
Wilmington, NC
"
Ju

Just no epoxy as in thunderbolt
"For the 2022 WLT Season: (a) Length is a minimum of nine (9) feet measured from the nose to the tail on the deck of the surfboard. Width is a minimum of fortyseven (47) inches in the aggregate, calculated by adding the widest point of the board, the width twelve (12) inches up from the tail and the width twelve (12) inches from the nose. (b) Traditional long board Malibu shape to be used. (c) Multiple fins may be used. For the 2023 WLT Season: (a) Length is a minimum of nine (9) feet but must be at least 3 feet over the Surfers head. (b) Minimum 15-pound board weight"

From https://www.worldsurfleague.com/asset/35284/2022+WSL+Rule+Book+-+October+1,+2022+-+Final.pdf

Not a word about construction.

But also, are you thinking you're going to make the tour? If not, why care? Surf what's fun.