Cj Nelson Boards.

Hodaddy81

Feb 2, 2021
Jersey
I particularly enjoyed the “don’t you dare take off now” check spray at 1.47!
So to be fair. I don’t want anyone to think i am an asshole. I didn’t see him till i literally got to my feet. Or at least that is what I am going to keep telling people haha.

heavymetalshop

Nov 29, 2020
VENICE
After watching CJ Nelson rave about his new longboard model I decided to pull the trigger on a CJ Nelson Apex. I was lucky enough to score the last one in stock from Real Water Sports in North Carolina. Three days later it shows up at my door and this is a little first encounter with it. This board is constructed in Thunder Bolt Silver technology. Full review on 3/01/22.

Check out my WEBSITE https://www.surfcraftunion.com/ Follow me on INSTAGRAM https://www.instagram.com/surfcraftunion/
Hey @Hodaddy81

Nice surfing. How are the rails on that whip? What I’ve noticed from the more recent CJ boards are fat, baguette rails. :(

heavymetalshop

Nov 29, 2020
VENICE
They’re pretty fat, the whole board looks a bit “unshaped blank”
Soft up front then tucked and a little edge by the fin.

They don’t feel fat in the water though. It surfs better than it looks!
unshaped blank is a great description of the 8’3 parallax as well. Sure rides well. So easy to surf.

Hodaddy81

Feb 2, 2021
Jersey
unshaped blank is a great description of the 8’3 parallax as well. Sure rides well. So easy to surf.
My experience has been super positive with this board. Rails are fat and in the past I would not be too interested in rails like that. But I do like the amount of volume they packed into a 9’1. Kinda makes me feel like I have been doing it wrong for a while haha. I will say too that i think if this board was regular glass it would have been a different experience. I really like the thunderbolt stuff.

RockyIsland

Feb 1, 2021
Phillip Island
Great vid, great waves, great surfing....and you gave that chap a chance to go right if he wanted as you had set yourself to go left for the big rebound.
Loved my mates so much I bought a 9'1" have surfed it in some solid reef conditions and punches well above its weight.
Just wish they had stuck to the gloss finishes as the matt picks up so much dirt and dust. Have the beige colour.
Thinking of getting my daughter to do the full poscapen art work on it.
Looking forward to the review

Hodaddy81

Feb 2, 2021
Jersey
Great vid, great waves, great surfing....and you gave that chap a chance to go right if he wanted as you had set yourself to go left for the big rebound.
Loved my mates so much I bought a 9'1" have surfed it in some solid reef conditions and punches well above its weight.
Just wish they had stuck to the gloss finishes as the matt picks up so much dirt and dust. Have the beige colour.
Thinking of getting my daughter to do the full poscapen art work on it.
Looking forward to the review
Thank you. I appreciate it. Great board and really stoked to keep it around for a while. Matte finish I completely agree. It’s a bummer because I really like the look of it. But it picks up dirt like a vacuum

Members online