Cj Nelson Boards.

jory

Dec 25, 2005
United Kingdom
9’1 Apex.
Kinda obsessed at the moment. I was a little nervous about the amount of volume that they packed into a 9’1. But somehow it works really well. Very nimble on the tail and mid part of the board. I can’t say that the conditions where the best for nose stuff but stable for what was available. It’s definitely more of a performance style noserider which is pretty refreshing. Weight is very well balanced. I am not a fan of heavy logs and this is on the lighter side. But somehow dense? The finish is different then the other CJ’s I have had. But whatever it is it moves through the water with less to no resistance and rips. Edge in the tail is a nice touch. Media results to follow.
Glad you liked it so far! Think you’ve summed up my thoughts far more succinctly!

JTS

Mar 24, 2005
I’ve always tried using smaller fins , might try sizing up
Been using a 9W Liddle in my 8’3 parallax and it works great, drive but loose for turning
Started with a 9.5 parallax fin in my 9’3 parallax but didn’t really like it, a 9 inch 4A felt “meh” , sized down to a 8.5 Skip Frye and actually liked it better
May have to experiment some more

Members online