Channel Islands Midlength - Devon Howard

DanSan

Jun 7, 2012
Soquel,CA
FYI...icons of surrf...has these midlengths by chocolate fish..speed mcqueen..look very similiar..which i would consider
If i wasnt..but i would
Get bruce fowlers shape ..his nvm whith a 2+1 rounded pintail..
anyway
Speaking of excellent customer service( bruce is it for me..like you couldnt tell)
And icons did me a solid...
After one of their kids shipped a knost fin in an flimsy envelope..no padding..
And missing part of the screw/ plate..
Shipping another screw...and i protested..but sonny insisted...shirts..pants..hat..package..etc..
Anyway..it was pretty cool...
And seeing as im looking forward to a maiden voyage with my fowler new iso resin..s cloth nvm..yeww..
Tomorrow

DanSan

Jun 7, 2012
Soquel,CA
I know..i know..
guilty as charged

But just wait a month..my 8.6 dane perlee frankenspud..will be here...
Then in may ....my mote simon jones 8.2 .massive..the massive..aka t tex torren twin..
Will also arrive.( the 7.10.gone).and give....it up fotr them too

Last edited:

SeniorGrom

Mar 20, 2012
USA New Jersey
I saw another video of DH tearing it up on a long long right hander. He was riding a red or orange CI mid. The post was about him attending an event to introduce the new shape. Probably on Instagram.

Bighouse

Feb 21, 2012
East End, Long Island
Back in my Short-board days, I never met a CI that I didn't like. Although, plenty I couldn't afford!

Then I bought a 5'6 CI twin keel with glass on's that I rode for about 12 years (until the ol' dad bod kicked in). That's when all my short boards started to disappear.

Despite having a very similar outline to my 6'6 FCD Hueavo Ranchero, I'm pretty excited to see this board.

Their new fish beard looks to hi-pro for me.

kpd73

May 8, 2013
USA Rhode Island
I saw another video of DH tearing it up on a long long right hander. He was riding a red or orange CI mid. The post was about him attending an event to introduce the new shape. Probably on Instagram.

Thanks! Sent me looking and found 1:01 of the smoothest high speed flow pocket surfing rimming trimming railing and sailing.
Perfect musical score to the ride as well.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7FOXSCHP8V/

Speak

Jul 17, 2012
USA California
Thanks! Sent me looking and found 1:01 of the smoothest high speed flow pocket surfing rimming trimming railing and sailing.
Perfect musical score to the ride as well.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7FOXSCHP8V/

I was out in the water at Bu that day, he lost his board and I was on the inside, got to feel it up a bit. It's very light and HP feeling, unlike his Tyler and Takayama models. Obviously he was ripping.

Members online