Central coast shapers

hullyahomie

May 29, 2021
central coast
Curious to hear peoples thoughts about shapers on the central coast of Ca... talking Grover Beach - Big Sur... Is there anyone to look for, other than Parmenter... Let the judgments begin!!!

Spritzer

Apr 27, 2019
Virginia Beach
Route One surfboards - right out of Monterrey. He mostly shapes shortboards. I haven't used any of them but have seen some guys on them out at asilomar and Spanish Bay.

Glide&Flow

Jun 1, 2021
CenCoastCa
Shea Somma in SLO- fishes, logs, midlengths
Rusty at Foam Forge in Morro- logs, the bigger the better
I was gonna ask you if you knew who was shaping that Evolution label. Got out of the water this morning and was gawking at the ridiculous number of calpoly lovelies at the break and saw another one of those boards. Asked a grumpy old longtime local friend I was chatting with if he knew and he was like "well duh, Rusty shapes those". Guess when he's not busy with the roofing biz, he moonlights shaping some badass logs. Seems like a fair number of our local longboard shredders ride his boards.

fluidworks

Dec 1, 2019
San Luis Obispo, CA
I was gonna ask you if you knew who was shaping that Evolution label. Got out of the water this morning and was gawking at the ridiculous number of calpoly lovelies at the break and saw another one of those boards. Asked a grumpy old longtime local friend I was chatting with if he knew and he was like "well duh, Rusty shapes those". Guess when he's not busy with the roofing biz, he moonlights shaping some badass logs. Seems like a fair number of our local longboard shredders ride his boards.
Unless things have changed Rusty doesn’t even charge locals for a board, just the cost of the blank and you bring him a 30 pack of beer.