Camper/Surf Van For Sale

KDenning

May 14, 2015
Ventura, CA
You're building a new rental platform?
It will just be for our one rental and will be specific to the experience we want people to enjoy! Our concept is geared more towards experiences and the van is just one piece of the whole trip.

Stoked to share more with the community once it’s up and running.

Sax-son

Nov 23, 2019
High Sierras, CA
How has your experience renting them out been? Mine should be ready next summer and I am thinking about renting it out to generate a little extra cash

Based on this article, I'm not sure:

Here locally where I live, we have a large number of Air BnB rentals. I know several people who are in the service business of cleaning and preparing units for the next customers. Many have told me that they don't know how anybody can make any money from these due to the trashing of units and the cost of replacing furnishings. etc. They are rented online for 4 people and 10 carloads show up unsupervised by the owners. It turns into trash city. From those accounts, I would never allow any of my property for Air BnB's and believe me, I have thought about doing it.

hankster

Nov 12, 2013
San Francisco
Here locally where I live, we have a large number of Air BnB rentals. I know several people who are in the service business of cleaning and preparing units for the next customers. Many have told me that they don't know how anybody can make any money from these due to the trashing of units and the cost of replacing furnishings. etc. They are rented online for 4 people and 10 carloads show up unsupervised by the owners. It turns into trash city. From those accounts, I would never allow any of my property for Air BnB's and believe me, I have thought about doing it.
Sad to say, this in indicative of the world in which we live. Growing up, my parents rented a vacation cabin in Tahoe every summer. We all spent part of the last day cleaning the home, as in vacuuming, dusting, and washing the walls. My parents made it clear to my sister and me that we were to leave it in better condition than we found it.

Nowadays it appears that people feel they're paying a fee so they can do as they see fit. Yet another example of society becoming less civil.

takedown

Jun 26, 2017
Eugene, OR
Sure some people don't treat other's property well, but the good thing about Airbnb is you don't have to accept a rental and there is a feedback system on how people have handled past rentals. We've rented airbnbs in several countries and have a good track record so owners are happy to rent to us.

Sax-son

Nov 23, 2019
High Sierras, CA
Sad to say, this in indicative of the world in which we live. Growing up, my parents rented a vacation cabin in Tahoe every summer. We all spent part of the last day cleaning the home, as in vacuuming, dusting, and washing the walls. My parents made it clear to my sister and me that we were to leave it in better condition than we found it.

Nowadays it appears that people feel they're paying a fee so they can do as they see fit. Yet another example of society becoming less civil.
I was only a landlord for a short period in my life and I swear, it took years off of my life. I don't see how people can live their lives that way. Jumping from one place to another with usually some previous property owner chasing them down for money owed for skipped out rent or destruction to their property. There is no wonder why there are some living in these homeless camps. They have a horrible track record and nobody wants to rent to them. I don't know of a solution for that.

Sax-son

Nov 23, 2019
High Sierras, CA
My parents made it clear to my sister and me that we were to leave it in better condition than we found it.
That was back in an era where there was something called "parental guidance' and "manners" when children's behavior was a reflection on one's parenthood. Apparently, that doesn't seem to matter anymore. I go into a store these days and you just see a pack of wild kids going ape shit in the toy dept and the parents are nowhere in sight. It's no wonder we have a whole society of drug addicted zombies occupying the planet killing each other and stealing everyone else's property. It's called "garbage in, garbage out".