Cabin for Sale - 1 Hour from Lake Tahoe, 3 Hours from Santa Cruz $274,000

KDenning

May 14, 2015
Ventura, CA

We moved from Ventura to Pollock Pines so that we could be close to Tahoe and only a day's drive from surfing in Ventura. The whole idea was to stop working our full time jobs with this affordable little cabin but what do you know it - my wife and I have been offered our dream jobs working for the Lake Tahoe Unified School District and making the commute 5 days per week isn't feasible.

This obviously isn't surf related but maybe someone on here is looking for something affordable in the great state of California or at the very least knows someone from the Bay Area that spends money like it's going out of style and want a getaway cabin/rental opportunity.

Will throw in a 9.5" Joel Tudor fin I bought last time we were in Ventura after forgetting mine at the cabin. Only surfed four times - like new.

Much love,
Kirk

Bruce Fowler

Jul 28, 2018
California
Good price, looks turn key.
I hope you find thee right buyer, all it takes is one.

I'd love lake property somewhere, but with all the fires becoming 'the new norm' I've had to hesitate
on where I'd go. My son turn 30 in January, works for a cyber security firm up in Seattle and I looked at
communities outside of the city. Of course prices aren't cheap at this time in the market!

I then hankered for Montana...... saw cabins with lots of areas and views to die for. I'd probably be out there and grizzly would take me out one night, or a pack of coyotes over coffee.

Then my thoughts turned to fond past trips to Taos, Santa Fe & the high desert where the lighting attracts all the
artists. A man could get lost up there. All you need is a fishing pole & a good dog.

Any which way you look at it, California may be 'paradise' but it's costing more n more to live here by the minute
and something has got to give.

The bubble will burst, there will be a record number of foreclosures, and people that refinanced to remodel will be left holding the bag on debt with a bitter taste in their mouths.

michael

Apr 19, 2017
NJ
Admin1 can we get a real estate FS section please? Maybe two, FS by owner and FS by dealer

nitsuj

Oct 3, 2005
My son turn 30 in January, works for a cyber security firm up in Seattle and I looked at
communities outside of the city.

I've got a place in Buckley I'll sell you, complete with 24x36 shaping bay/glass shop (or technically just a garage/shop, but hey marketing) :p

Bruce Fowler

Jul 28, 2018
California
I've got a place in Buckley I'll sell you, complete with 24x36 shaping bay/glass shop (or technically just a garage/shop, but hey marketing) :p
Where Buckley???
Ha, at one time I saw an inland spot, next to a big lake. It was a manufactured home sitting up on some elevation a stone's throw from the lake...... beautiful lake about an hour from Spokane I think. It was nice and had a new RV garage, workshop with a huge roll up door, tons of square footage and even a 1 berm/1 bath guest quarters.

I thought, man I could just fall off the map in this quiet idyllic setting that other people might be lonely. The shop could be perfect for production set up to do my boards from start to finish. I told my son "I can see it now, I order a truckload of blanks to be delivered once every 3 months or whatever, Joe the driver pulls the big rig up and we unload. I offer him dinner and the extra bedroom, he says "hell yeah I'm in no hurry, this place is beautiful.... you've got a mean setup for BBQ."

Distribution from off the grid. Maybe I've got a friend with a plane and he lands on the small landing strip or he can land in the water with the right plane...... hang for awhile, load up some boards for CA and CYA next time.

.....what a crazy notion that could just be one of those Walter Mitty kinda daydreams I've been known to have.

Bummer Dude

Jul 8, 2019
Oak View
I thought, man I could just fall off the map in this quiet idyllic setting that other people might be lonely. The shop could be perfect for production set up to do my boards from start to finish. I told my son "I can see it now, I order a truckload of blanks to be delivered once every 3 months or whatever, Joe the driver pulls the big rig up and we unload. I offer him dinner and the extra bedroom, he says "hell yeah I'm in no hurry, this place is beautiful.... you've got a mean setup for BBQ."

This sounds like the beginning of a horror movie ... or a romantic comedy?

Bruce Fowler

Jul 28, 2018
California
This sounds like the beginning of a horror movie ... or a romantic comedy?

...... I'll just tell him the chainsaw is for cutting out real thick blanks...

RobG814

Apr 27, 2020
North Carolina
Nice place and looks to be in a great location for skiing/snowboarding/climbing/etc. I would love to live in a little mountain cabin like that…if there were waves nearby :)

Would probably do well as an AirBnB rental or something like that.