CA Gold Surf Auction

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by m8r, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Sax-son

Sax-son Active Member

Nov 23, 2019
    Three Rivers, CA
    I have to say that Randy did do a good job on this, even though it would not be something I would be interested in. So kudo's to his effort. That board was probably originally in the 9' category, was possibly cut down during the transition period(a lot of beautiful boards were destroyed because of that and I am guilty as charged for that same practice)and left sitting in the garage somewhere. Randy tried to make lemonade out of lemons on this one.

I have an old Bing lightweight that I have owned for over 40 years. I retired about 10 years ago because I started to notice some spots of delamination. I have left it in the condition it is now because the board is 53 years old next month. This is the way it is going to remain. A relic of the 1960's, Bing Nuuhiwa top #2.JPG Bing Nuuhiwa bottom.JPG

SurfOC likes this.
  2. dubhulloh7

dubhulloh7 Member

May 4, 2020
    SD, CA
  3. Sax-son

Sax-son Active Member

Nov 23, 2019
    Three Rivers, CA
    If you are lucky enough to still own one of these boards, you better sell it for the right money because they are really hard to find period let alone in good condition. I have owned mine for over 40 years now and still have people begging me to sell it. Mine isn't even in that great of shape and collectors still want it. It is too important in my history with this sport to not have it around. I know that they are building some pretty good replicas today, but even with that folks still want the originals. The are a surfing classic.

pintail likes this.