Bonzers...

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by zalfa, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Nilus

Nilus Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2008
    The boards Vet and KPD posted are both super good! Check out the latest ewing egg MC posted on Insta today, too. As I've said before, my current go-to is a 5'10, narrower-than-normal, MBLV 3. Goes great in everything small to big.

hankster likes this.
  2. John

John Member

Mar 4, 2004
    Rehoboth Beach, DE
    Interesting. I recently picked up a Mblv and find that it still needs some push and a face.

3. Nilus

Nilus Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Yeah, small but not gutlesss. Ridden mine at waist high Ventura beachbreaks, good Rincon, big Jalama (pic 1) and even the wave pool at Waco (pic 2). I hear most people writing the MBLV off as the smaller wave board among the bonzer family. I think the only tricky part is its slightly lower rocker in bigger waves. I had a really good 6'4 custom B5 egg that was probably better in steeper stuff but not necessarily for any reason other than rocker.

Attached Files:

bfat, Knots, Planktom and 2 others like this.
  4. fluidworks

fluidworks Member

Dec 1, 2019
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    What does everyone reckon on a shaper for a bonzer speed egg in the 7’10” length?

I’m looking for a good complement to my bigger boards, for bigger surf that I’d prefer less board under my feet.

Should I stick with Malcom the OG, or some other good options? I saw a trim craft recently, a 7’10” Haley pin with a bonzer setup that also caught my eye.

5. Planktom

Planktom Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Devon, UK
    Good
    Good clip

There's also some good footage floating around of Joel T surfing a bee at decent Moids, will try to find it.

6. Bonzourno

Bonzourno Active Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Capitola
    I’d have Malcolm shape you one......while the Haley Pin uses Bonzer runners, it’s not a Bonzer bottom.

WesCantDress and kpd73 like this.
  7. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    If you could go see, say, The Doors (orinina & in their prime) or you could could go see a Doors cover band, which would you choose to see?

8. paipodude

paipodude New Member

Oct 27, 2019
    Maryland, or By-the-Sea
    The board Malcolm Campbell built for me was perfect. The two others were less than (although the last one I may have had made too heavy and too thin). Bottom line is Malcolm's build was perfect and the first of the bunch.

kpd73 likes this.
  9. Planktom

Planktom Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Devon, UK
    I guess Jacob is in the mix alongside MC now as heir

kpd73 likes this.
  10. Bonzourno

Bonzourno Active Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Capitola
    “Break on through to the other side” and order a CB Bonzer