Bonzers...

Nilus

Jun 30, 2008
The boards Vet and KPD posted are both super good! Check out the latest ewing egg MC posted on Insta today, too. As I've said before, my current go-to is a 5'10, narrower-than-normal, MBLV 3. Goes great in everything small to big.

John

Mar 4, 2004
Rehoboth Beach, DE
Interesting. I recently picked up a Mblv and find that it still needs some push and a face.

The boards Vet and KPD posted are both super good! Check out the latest ewing egg MC posted on Insta today, too. As I've said before, my current go-to is a 5'10, narrower-than-normal, MBLV 3. Goes great in everything small to big.

Nilus

Jun 30, 2008
Yeah, small but not gutlesss. Ridden mine at waist high Ventura beachbreaks, good Rincon, big Jalama (pic 1) and even the wave pool at Waco (pic 2). I hear most people writing the MBLV off as the smaller wave board among the bonzer family. I think the only tricky part is its slightly lower rocker in bigger waves. I had a really good 6'4 custom B5 egg that was probably better in steeper stuff but not necessarily for any reason other than rocker.

Interesting. I recently picked up a Mblv and find that it still needs some push and a face.

Attachments

• IMG_20200511_195827_507.jpg
    IMG_20200511_195827_507.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20191216_214614_939.jpg
    IMG_20191216_214614_939.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 79

fluidworks

Dec 1, 2019
San Luis Obispo, CA
What does everyone reckon on a shaper for a bonzer speed egg in the 7’10” length?

I’m looking for a good complement to my bigger boards, for bigger surf that I’d prefer less board under my feet.

Should I stick with Malcom the OG, or some other good options? I saw a trim craft recently, a 7’10” Haley pin with a bonzer setup that also caught my eye.

Bonzourno

Sep 29, 2018
Capitola
What does everyone reckon on a shaper for a bonzer speed egg in the 7’10” length?

I’m looking for a good complement to my bigger boards, for bigger surf that I’d prefer less board under my feet.

Should I stick with Malcom the OG, or some other good options? I saw a trim craft recently, a 7’10” Haley pin with a bonzer setup that also caught my eye.
I’d have Malcolm shape you one......while the Haley Pin uses Bonzer runners, it’s not a Bonzer bottom.

Veterano

Aug 29, 2013

If you could go see, say, The Doors (orinina & in their prime) or you could could go see a Doors cover band, which would you choose to see?

paipodude

Oct 27, 2019
Maryland, or By-the-Sea
The board Malcolm Campbell built for me was perfect. The two others were less than (although the last one I may have had made too heavy and too thin). Bottom line is Malcolm's build was perfect and the first of the bunch.

Members online