Bonzers. Why?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by icecreamheadache, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Hedge

Hedge Member

Nov 8, 2013
    Thanks John!

Kpd -it's a mini light vehicle.

Pintail - I'm out of commission for two months due to some sinus surgeries. Will report back next year.

Time outta water is driving me nuts. All I can do is fondle the board and imagine what it rides like...

Attached files
    [​IMG]

2. airboy808

airboy808 Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Hedge that bonzer looks nice!

3. Hedge

Hedge Member

Nov 8, 2013
    Thanks Airboy! I'm counting the days.

4. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    Hedge wrote:
    5 fins of jet black Radness. Wow. You're a Stronger man than I. I'd paddle out in a full camo neoprene Top Gun flight suit with the O2 mask and helmet on 2 days after getting it.
    Be well brother. Breathe.

Attached files
    [​IMG]

5. nyclongboarder

nyclongboarder New Member

Jun 24, 2007
    USA California
    @ KPD73

It's a 9'4 5 fin I picked up used on craigslist for a song. (yes I'm rubbing it in)

The Good:
    Terrorize is the best word for it. The thing f'ing hauls ass. Great paddling, gets in plenty early, and then just cooks. At malibu I can sit deeper than 90% of the pack and pass people (including shortboarders) down the line. It's the only board I can do that with. I'm stunned at the speed it generates every wave.

The Bad:
    I doesn't have the E-wing, which I think is essential on the LB's. It effectively shortens the rail line and really hooks in high on the face. Rode Duncan's personal LB for the first time in Hawaii last year with the E-wing and it's insane.

On mine, the template, for lack of a better word.. is a bit 1990's. I don't know how else to describe it. Volume stays full through the rails and it's relatively flattish rocker through the whole thing. I don't have any full length shots to describe what I mean but it just feels a bit "non-performance" for a performance longboard.

In a perfect world, I'd combine the E-wing with the 5-fin Bonzer on a Ricky Carroll LB template/ plan.

Oh, and then I'd pick up some skills and really ride it. ;-)

Attached files
    [​IMG]

6. Hedge

Hedge Member

Nov 8, 2013
    LMAO Kpd! The thought has crossed my mind.

7. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    Hedge wrote:
    Hedge- Dude- Ignore me. I talk big. I'd be out with a fogged up fishbowl 12 circle duct-taped and bic lighter seamed sealed shut to the neck of my wetsuit.
    Sending Healing Energy.

nyclb- Nice! Even with the rub in. Terrorist!

The best would be seeing You terrorizing an innocent lineup and then Hedge in his full camo breather dropping in on the black stealth MLV fighter and Zooming after you for the ultimate Bonzer mid wave dogfight.
    Radness!

8. Hedge

Hedge Member

Nov 8, 2013
    That sounds epic Kpd! I'll take on Nyc as soon as I'm all healed up.

Attached files
    [​IMG]

9. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    Backside bonzer barrel threading...Harrison Roach. Green Pavel. Again. PURE Radness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43SlSlSemTQ