Boats.

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by jonbiz, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Griffy

Griffy Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Massachusetts
    Do you know if they are being replaced with SAFEs or another manufacturer? It seemed to me there were a lot of copy cats in the pipeline when I retired

2. Bighouse

Bighouse Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    East End, Long Island
    I don’t know much about those SAFE boats other then the speed at which they run impressed me. They seems to run very fast in conditions that would spilt a different boat in half.

3. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    There are lot's of options now days, but I don't know the answer to your question. We have a 29' Crystaliner that we are probably replacing and I was looking at the used SAFE market but rejected that option. We still have one SAFE for interdiction operations that has a lot of time left on it. Yep, they are fast (900 HP) and great rough water vessels.

Griffy likes this.
  4. Griffy

Griffy Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Massachusetts
    You're right Bighouse and the seats in them are amazing; they have shock absorbers in them that make the ride very comfortable regardless of sea conditions

5. jonbiz

jonbiz Active Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Wilmington NC
    Are those seat made by Stidd? I know him. He live here in town

6. Griffy

Griffy Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Massachusetts
    I don't remember who makes them, great boat seats whoever it is.

jonbiz likes this.
  7. icecreamheadache

icecreamheadache Active Member

Jan 14, 2006
    42 year old Kelly Peterson 44. Fast on a close reach, haunted by a dead old woman and itching to go back around the world like its previous owners did. In the meantime, trips to reefs and points and kelp forests and shipwrecks.

E17EA824-9ADD-4E16-9CF4-FECF90ABB8D2.jpeg

8. Roadmaster

Roadmaster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2015
    USA Virginia
    this was my second boat in Costa Rica, local built in Puntarenas, fiberglass hull, fiberglassed wood cabin. Twin Yamahas on a sea mount, set up for fishing and surfing. Moored in Dominical, Dominicalito. No dock took everything out from shore, pain in the butt. Boat is pictured coming into Drakes Bay, my favorite place in Costa Rica.

boat copy.jpg